• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Congrats Deron !

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Walrus

Oz freediver
Oct 3, 2001
Don't know if anyone has already posted this but.....
DB's very own Deron Verbeck has placed third overall at Cyprus !

Congrats Deron ! :D :D
Way to kick some butt !
The only 2 people to place above him are 2 world record holders/setters Martin and Carlos. This was a comp with all the big boys present so to place so high is just amazing. It's a pity I wasn't there in person to see it. I still don't know what the statics results were, anyone know what Deron got in the statics ?

He must have well over 130 points or something ? Deron is hands down the best ever competition diver from the US. And my new hero. :inlove :D

Cheers,
Wal

Last edited:
Reactions: Erik
Originally posted by Walrus
And my new hero. :inlove

He's not lying either... we'll be practising statics in the pool, and he'll look at me and say 'Now I want you to do 7 minutes'. I'll say to him 'You'll be lucky if I do 5' and he looks all sad and mumbles under his breath 'But Deron can do 7...'

:D

Well done big fella!! :)

I'm glad someone finally said it walrus! I am very excited for Deron and dying to know what his static was--Deron can you please shed some light as I am starting to think we will never get the results any other way? Congrats again and much aloha, Arlene

A little birdy told me 6:51 for Deron. For a tiny team, almost half way around the world in the other guys back yard this time, the US did very good. One unreal performance that I want to confirm before I say anything.
Bill

Hi Guys,

Just a short post because I'm in a hurry to go to town with Matt, Annabel and Jessy.

My time was 6:51 and a new US record.

Annabel did a 5:57 and also a new US record.

Thanks for all the kind words and I'll write a longer post when I get back to Kona.

Thanks again.

DSV

Reactions: Walrus and loopy
hi

Congrats Deron that is a huge competition static your really mixing it with the big boys :cool:

cheers

6:51

Congrats, think that`s worth a leetle beet of kahma...

Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT