• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contact for Apnea Total

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

NWdiver

Oct 30, 2007
I sent an e-mail to Apnea Total in Koh Tao some days ago asking for information on their master class and have had no response. Does anybody have any experience e-mailing them? Are they usually prompt in their replies? I also tried their contact form on the web site and it said I didn't have the rights to view the page. Given the time zone difference I wanted to stay with e-mail rather than telephone. Does anyone have any other e-mail addresses that I could try.

Thanks.

JB

Relax. They'll reply to you. It might take some time though. Meanwhile, here is some info I happen to have on me.

From Apnea Total:
About the courses,during the Freediver course we focus on the technique
and the safety aspects of freediving. The FD course starts every 3 days.
It takes 2 days,2 academics and 2 water sessions.The second day you'll
rich about 15/20mts comfortable.The price is 4500 bahts.
We run Advanced Freediver courses ones or twice a week,it takes 3
days.You'll have 3 academics and 3 water sessions.The price is 7000 bahts.
You can attend one after the other.
After the courses you can jump on the boat for freediving trips,we provide
ropes,buoys and the rest of the equipment.We are going out in the
afternoon for about 3 hrs.The trips are 400 Bahts for our students and 500
Bahts for others freedivers or do the Master Freediver,you will need 4 to
6 weeks for this one.
The price for the Master is 25000 bahts.

Hi there, I have emailed with them within the last few weeks. They got back within a day or two. I was emailing to ask if they are doing courses these days (thought it was low season there) and they responded to say that indeed they do. So will prob head down there pretty soon. I used this email: apnea.total.mail@gmail.com

Here's their original answer (in red), also has pricing in there - notice that it has gone up by 1000Bt (app. 30USD) for the initial 2 day course, rest seems to be the same:

About the courses,during the Freediver course we focus on the technique and the safety aspects of freediving. The FD course starts every 3 days.
It takes 2 days,2 academics and 2 water sessions.The second day you'll rich about 15/20mts comfortable.The price is 5500 bahts.
We run Advanced Freediver courses ones or twice a week,it takes 3 days.You'll have 3 academics and 3 water sessions.The price is 7000 bahts.
You can attend one after the other.
After the courses you can jump on the boat for freediving trips,we provide ropes,buoys and the rest of the equipment.We are going out in the afternoon for about 3 hrs.The trips are 400 Bahts for our students and 500 Bahts for others freedivers or do the Master Freediver,you will need 4 to 6 weeks for this one.
The price for the Master is 25000 bahts.

we run the courses all year round , on koh tao we have a different rainy season, it runs from november to the end of december.
My number is 0872795931.(For Robert)

(This is a Thai cell - to call it from abroad dial: +66 8727 95931)
regards Robert

Best, David

Last edited:
DG, thanks for the e-mail address for Apnea Total. The one I had from their site was info@apnea-total.com and I still hadn't heard an answer. I'll try the one you used. Hope that works better.

Salibandy, did you use the gmail.com address or the apnea-total.com address?

JB

I filled in the contact form if i remember correctly, so they replied with the @apnea-total.com

I am on the Koh Tao island at the moment, and the problem with the apena total is that the small anount of freedivers around. So if you want to participate in a course that is no problem, but if you just want to go out with the boat for the 500 bath the problem occours, because the boats can be full of students or there is simply not boat going out that day if there is no course going on.
As for my self I havent been on the boat yet (hoping for the 29!!) but the 3. problem is that if they are doing a beginners course the rope is fixed on 20 meters and advanced then it is 40 metrs. So some people can get into problems there.
So my advice is not to count on the Apnea Total but buddy up with someone and then rent some sort of floating device (a boat maybe) or go out with a boat, and then dive..
It is also better to dive with someone for a longer time so that you know to learn eachother.
Hope it helped.

If anybody is on Koh Tao in the moment (the 27 of June - 10 of July) please let me know and buddy up with me... :) I have not been doing anything but static with my girlfriend... I am almost still dry.

hi moryde,
Can I ask you a thing? I am based in Bangkok and wanting to head to Koh Tao for my first course very soon, but some family just came in and we are kinda of planning to go to Samet, since a lot of people say the weather is better there this time a year. But I was thinking maybe to combine my family's beach trip with my course, so the question goes: How is the weather on Tao right now? Thinking more in terms of how the beach/swimming weather is?

(Hmmm, er du forresten dansk?;-))

Best, DG

Last edited:
Hello..

The weather is nice.. To had like good weather with sun all the day.. The tide just came in the afternoon witch made the visibility very bad, but otherwise it is great.

If you are comming let me know where you are intented to stay so that I can check it out for you. Some of the places on the main beach is quite bad I would say.. But on the second largest where I am living it is nice and cheap. For going to the Apnea Total you can rent a motobike for something like 150 bath / 24 hours.

So conclusion weather is fine...

About the freediving..
The apnea total is good for taking your course I think, but in the beginners course they dont do static ... (Dont ask me why)? But it would be great if we could do some static together and buddy eachother..

If you have any additional questions just ask.. When did you intent to come? And are you staying on the Jysk hotel in Bangkok? Because I just went from there to Koh Tao...

Saa ja, jeg er dansk men holder den lige i engelsk saa andre kan foelge med, haaber vi ses)

Morten

Hi Morten,
So if leaving the freediving, snorkelling part out - do you think my auntie and 11-year-old niece is cool with Tao and the weather now? I am only just getting into freediving. I am not in the best of shape, but feel strongly about this - like getting back to a child hood dream. I am not thinking too much about depth, but more increasing down time, as I am a documentary photographer who is looking to do a bit of underwater photography in the future. I am not staying at Jysk/New Rotel this time. I live out here now, so have an apartment, but have stayed at Jysk a handful of times in the past and always liked it. I am the newest of beginners to this, have not done any diving yet except for a few days on Samet. I had trouble equalizing my right ear at app. 3 meters so hope I just need to stay at that depth a bit longer and be patient and it will happen. I want to do the course quite soon and probably do both the first two courses on one trip and hope they can help with the equalizing. I have just begun CO2 tables and practising dry static. Completely flat on my back in bed I do three minutes, so would like that to go up and certainly to start practising static in the pool with the added stress to get used to it. I even have a pool here, but no one to watch me, so I don't want to do it. I would like to partner up for this either at Tao or in BKK. How long will you be on Tao? My family will plan the rest of their trip here in the following days, so still not sure when I'll head down south.
Drop me a private message and we can exchange emails and switch to Danish, since this is taking the thread a bit of the track;-) I do promise to chip in later with my experiences as a total novice on how the courses works out for me.

best,
D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT