• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contilinka (Continent System with a movable valve in the Zelinka building)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Zahar

Jun 3, 2014
The Continent system in the Seed case makes it easy to convert from minimum to maximum combat and do the loading and fuse download! While done in 1 copy!

Attachments

• 33121505_2160359693980566_8621753702593593344_n.jpg
    33121505_2160359693980566_8621753702593593344_n.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Контилинка - эскиз.jpg
    Контилинка - эскиз.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 33174549_2160359730647229_6634491520353304576_n.jpg
    33174549_2160359730647229_6634491520353304576_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3586(1).jpg
    IMG_3586(1).jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 187
The “Continent” gun has a moving rear valve to unplug the inner barrel and the “Zelinka” moves the inner barrel forwards instead to achieve the same result. This gun is a sort of hybrid as it uses the “Zelinka” trigger system, but in this case it controls a rearwards moving to open valve. For this to work it needs a reverse angled tooth on the sear lever or the force would tip the sear lever over without you pulling the trigger! That is why the tooth hooks the annular flange on the valve that exactly matches the shape of the tooth (shown in red).
Zelinka Continent hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zahar
A similar rearward opening valve gun is the Inalex "Alpha C1", but there a radial moving metal ball controlled by a slide with a "window" to drop the ball into unlocks the rearward moving valve and by controlling the degree of valve opening the gun offers different shooting powers by varying the throttling of the air flow through the open valve during the shot.
https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/inalex-alpha-c1-pneumatic-speargun.88246/

Alpha C - Continent system, but not a similar execution! Not convenient in the operational adjustment of the battle, afraid of sand and dirt, does not have a piston shock absorber!

While turning the adjustment of the battle - the fish swim away

The shock absorber is mounted on the nose of the piston in the "Alpha C1". I have had no problem with sand as the gun floats after the shot with the muzzle up. I am also familiar with the "Continent" gun, but the only similarity is a rearwards moving firing valve and a pull/push rod trigger activation in both guns. As for power changes I use full power on every shot, only screwing the power controller inwards when applying the "safe mode" which stops the firing valve opening.

Carving and sand - Enemies! We have river hunts with mud and sand!

Attachments

• Inalex fig 3 R.gif
    Inalex fig 3 R.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 176
If there is a lot of suspended sand and silt in the water then there may be a problem, but in ocean diving gritty conditions only occur in the wave breaking zone if there are dumpers or very surging conditions and that is not always going to be a problem if you choose a better entry and exit point. Dropping a loaded gun on the sandy bottom is to be avoided with any gun as sand can then get into them, especially in the wave action zone which disturbs sand on the bottom, including the trigger mechanism of band guns. Then patience is required to get the sand out, but it is not impossible and is part of post-dive service after diving in poor conditions.

Zelinka guns, which is a gun layout or operating system more than an actual brand (in the West we do not have independent small scale custom pneumatic/hydropneumatic gun producers as you do) appear to be now available as I see Pelengas is offering their “Zelinka system” gun which before was just a prototype.
https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/pelengas-pneumovacuum-speargun.100126/page-3#post-964929, post#48

Do you know anything of them and how have they been received given that Zelinka type guns used to be only available from master gunsmiths.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEARFISHI...504160?hash=item1eed6f2960:g:KToAAOSw0ZJalEBc
Pelengas Zelinka 70 cm with case RR.jpg

Last edited:
Zelinki - A separate topic for discussion! I know almost everything about them, as I was engaged in the manufacture of Zelinka Tarpon Alexey Zaslavets and now I am engaged in repairing and servicing all the famous Brands of Zelinok Masters! There are Myths and there is Reality!

Preparation for the production of a small batch was delayed for objective reasons during the period of Kontilinka’s testing and subjective in trying to find a solution for easy valve pre-charging with a two-stroke valve start system! Thank God the solution was found!
I present to your attention the concept of a future Contilinka with a two-stroke integral valve and an adjustment of the force of a fight. Max - min!
The outlet to the atmosphere diameter of the valve body is 5 mm, which allows you to have a valve charging force of 6, 79 kg + 1.5 kg (spring) = 8.29 kg. when loading harpoon 30kg. in the trunk diameter of 10.5 mm! The maximum opening of the trunk valve diameter of 7mm!
Bypass - starting valve opening 1.5 mm! When the valve is cocked, the yellow valve bushing holds the red bushing with a spring and helps the red bushing to enter the valve seat with a diameter of 7mm. and after arming with a lever, the sear continues to block the 1.5mm hole with a spring to pump a gun or load a harpoon! When fired at maximum combat, the lever-sear releases the valve, which at first moves to the pins of the yellow sleeve, which releases the 1.5 mm hole and thereby equalizes the pressure on both sides of the O-ring of the red sleeve overlying the diameter of 7 mm!

Moving further, the valve body with acceleration catches the pins of the red sleeve and thereby opens up full access of the receiver air to the barrel! At the minimum bout, the outer caprolon bushing, being in the grooves of the minimal bout, limits the stroke of the valve body so that only the yellow bushing moves, and the red bushing pins remain without a stop in the valve body! At the same time, air enters the barrel only through a hole of 1.5 mm.

The red bushing is held in place by the friction of the O-ring and the difference in variable pressure when throttling until the piston stops in the muzzle! Further, the red sleeve is held only by friction of the O-ring! The function of the cut-off of the barrel and the fuse remains the same as in the single-ended pintile!
Контилинка - эскиз - копия.jpg

Reverse hook tooth (sear tooth) is still a concern, need good lubrication in the gun to avoid wear on the tooth as if it rounds off then gun goes into auto-shoot mode, no need to pull the trigger!

Any lubricant in the place of contact is squeezed out under the action of force and does not participate until the moment of movement.

Any lubricant in the place of contact is squeezed out under the action of force and does not participate until the moment of movement.
Rocking sear lever tooth lasts for decades in the lubricated environment of a pneumatic speargun, never a problem with auto-shoot. Exact same rocking sear lever tooth becomes less reliable with no lubrication and thus tooth and mushroom tail wear in a Demka BR series rubber gun. Use a reverse angled tooth and lubrication is essential. I speak with many decades of experience in using rocking and single-piece trigger guns, which is what a rocking sear lever is.
continent - эскиз - копия.jpg

Very interested in hearing how this gun works with lots of shots put through it. The Zelinka type of trigger in terms of trigger transmission pin arrangement and tank penetration via small entry hole encloses the “works” inside the gun and eliminates the external activating rod used in “Continent” type guns.

Last edited:
For those unfamiliar with the "Continent" gun here are some images.
continent1.jpg

continent2.jpg
continent3.jpg

continent schematic.jpg

Diagram from Aquatech website and created by Sergiy Kravchenko, builder of "Dnieper" and "Black Sea" hydropneumatic spearguns.
I. The Continent gun is muzzle loaded, the muzzle is closed to limit piston travel.
II, The Continent gun is discharged (shooting) by pulling the trigger which pushes the sear lever via an external connecting rod (not shown)..
III..The Continent gun is placed in pressure adding mode by resetting the releasing valve.and engaging the rear mounted sear lever. The muzzle is set to breathing mode with muzzle ports open which allows piston to move past ports thereby allowing air to flow into gun for the next stroke.
IV. The Continent gun is pumped up using the inner barrel tube as a pump tube, the spear acting as a pump rod, the piston as a pumping piston.

Note that after each shot and before muzzle loading the Continent gun must have the releasing valve reset. This is done by pressing the white knob on the rear end of the gun inwards, only a small movement is required and the releasing valve body is caught and reset. The Inalex "Alpha C1" is the same, only there you push on the rear butt. Where the opening stroke of the releasing valve can be varied in length the gun then offers different shooting powers by changing the throttling of air flow inside the gun during the shot.

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out how this gun works, but here I think is the shot. Not all the spring coils have been replaced in the rear as I had to rub them out to move the releasing valve body rearwards.
continent -shot.jpg

continent -shot 2.jpg

Last edited:
Kontilinka - a hybrid of Continent and Zelinka! Advantages - The Movable Valve is lighter than the rolling trunk of Zelinka! The body of Zelinka allows you to hide the trigger mechanism from the environment! Valve preload facilitates loading and makes it possible to cut off the barrel when loading and simultaneously unloading the trigger when loading and fighting position! I consider the Continent system to be better than the Zelinsky system, but the Masters who make guns to the Continent system were left in development and I had to contribute to the Continent System upgrade by combining with the developments of the Zelinok Masters!

Kontilinka - a hybrid of Continent and Zelinka! Advantages - The Movable Valve is lighter than the rolling trunk of Zelinka! The body of Zelinka allows you to hide the trigger mechanism from the environment! Valve preload facilitates loading and makes it possible to cut off the barrel when loading and simultaneously unloading the trigger when loading and fighting position! I consider the Continent system to be better than the Zelinsky system, but the Masters who make guns to the Continent system were left in development and I had to contribute to the Continent System upgrade by combining with the developments of the Zelinok Masters!
I wish you every success with this venture. One thing I never liked about the "Continent" was the exposed rear pull/push rod and the heavy rear end on some versions with the sear release housing, but your new gun looks like the construction will be relatively light. A fatter receiver and most guns can float after the shot. The reason that I bought the "Alpha C1" was everything was inside, even though the rear end flooded, the gun had a 14 mm ID inner barrel (more power, but more loading effort) and it floated after the shot. Sand is only a concern if the "cocked to shoot" gun is dropped, but otherwise floating after the shot keeps the gun off the sandy bottom in marine use. Here spearfishing in rivers and lakes is absolutely forbidden, yet introduced European Carp run riot without predators (in our freshwater environments) which many of us would love to shoot.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT