• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Contractions in Dry Static Apnea training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

potato7412

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone, :
I starred dry static apnea training about a month ago and it hasn't gone very well. I get contractions at 1:20 and they keep going until 2:30 (as far as i know probably more that's the best ive gotten) ive seen a lot of videos where people can train to stop the contractions from happening and that they are due to stress. And let me tell you for me it is defnitely not stress, i am completely relaxed during the whole thing but when i get to 1:20 the contractions start and they just start increasing in speed until its just me squirming like a worm on the floor which just becomes unbearable. I don't really know what to do from here. Do i train to stop the contractions (if it is even possible i tried holding them back, but it doesn't do any good for me) Has anyone here tried training to stop them and has it worked?

getting the dive reflex to kick in can take up to 20 minutes, so just keep doing breathholds, with breathing between them. See Garena's recent post for details. Most importantly, don't try just one.

Contractions never really go away. The intensity and discomfort becomes less as you become more tolerant due to repeated exposure. Breathing exercise will help increase lung volume. If you can hold more air you can stay longer. Keep a log that records.

Set, Rep, Prep Time, Total static time, Difficulty (1-10)

Also don't overdo it. You body needs time to recover. I don't do more than 4 days a week long static training. Each static day 3 reps total.

Stick with it and be smart with your training.

I have only been doing breathing tables for around 3 months myself and find the diaphragm contractions the most difficult thing other than the need to cough due to discomfort/dryness. My result vary quite a bit from day to day, how relaxed I start out has a big effect. I have found the less I try to fight my reaction the better my results. Paying attention to the things that start to get uncomfortable first off such as what your tongue is doing, where the breath hold is pushing the pressure, what you are thinking about, looking at, ect... You will need to move around mentally to reestablish a calm and relaxed mode in various areas. Thinking about the contractions will lead you to loose form in more important areas of the technique. This is how I delay the onset and intensity of contractions. Once you loose the mental battle of the technique you might as well breath relax and try again, fatigue and discomfort will only be discouraging to the practice.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT