• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contractions....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Cabezoni~hunter

Feb 16, 2005
At the end of a breath hold the diapham goes in to contractions, urging you to take a breath. What I was woundering is, with enough training is it possable to subdue these contractions and mabe not feel them very much?
Or do you just try to ingnore them.

Thank you very much,
David

There is a LOT of information concerning that subject, and unfortunately i dont have the drive to find all of it right now:(, but you can do a search on the site and find a lot of info. What i can say tho (and im sure i will be corrected if i am wrong), is that while you cant really make it so that you odnt feel them as much, but certain types of training can help prolong the time until you get contractions. Also once you become comfortable with contractions, they seem to get easier to deal with - you can still feel them just as much, but you learn to live with them better...at least thats my experience
rory
PS. Welcome to deeperblue!

If you train hard and long enough,you will delay the start period of the contractions.For example,if you had your first contractions at 1min.,after some training you'll have the first contractions at 1.40min.,if you know what i mean.And remember that you'll ALWAYS have contractions.Not having them means that your body dosn't need oxygen which is impossible.I supose you know that the contractions are a reflex,a sign thet your body has an urge for oxygen.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT