• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cool new toy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
As with everything involving digital cameras, the longer you wait the cooler the toys.:D

I saw this thing a couple of days ago and actually got to look at the camera when I was out today. This thing is TINY! It's length and width are only a little larger than a credit card and it's thinner than my Divewatch!

It, supposedly, has no shutter lag and has 3.2 meg resolution. Downside is that it can only take 30 second movies.

Oceanhuas makes a VERY small housing to match and even makes two different wide angel ports to go with it- a 70 degree and a 105 degree.

Cost on the camera is a little less than $400.

Jon

Last edited:
The housings are all machined aluminum and come in a variety of funky colors. They are dpeth rated to 300'- So even Maritn and Herbert could use them! ;)

They are small enough to fit onto the barrel of any speargun and I bet I could even fashion a mount to fit it to my mask- for no hands filming while I swim.

Cost on the housing is a little over $600 and this boy's funds are long spent, so I am waiting to see if someone else steps up and buys one so they can tell me how well it works.;)

Jon

Last edited:
Dang! Anybody want a Nikon F with a variety of lenses in an Oceanic Hydro 35 housing with dome port, fisheye port, extension rings, and flat port real cheap? I think I might trade it all even up. Even throw in a Subsea 150 and Oceanic arm.

Nah, I'll use what I've got for now. Point is I'd use a real compact outfit more. That's exactly why you can't get much for older larger equipment regardless of it's quality. I've got some Bronicas and a Hasselblad that are only worth a fraction of their cost now, but they still produce better prints, in my opinion, than digital. For underwater, be it freediving or scuba or rebreather, smaller is better. You will use a small system more than a large one. I can't bring myself to unload my Nikonos stuff either because it's all paid for and still works. Don't make an offer unless you mean it, though. ;o)

Speaking of new toys, I just bought myself a Nikon D70, with Nikkor DX 18-70mm lens, and an SB800 strobelight... housings on the way as soon as they become available over here..

:D

Reactions: DeepThought
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT