• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cool video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Longfins

Oct 28, 2001
I came across this video of 'Freediving Manjana' on the web:

http://193.86.92.18/vzs/Video.htm

It's a nice video of a bunch of freedivers having fun - soul freediving at its best. It's 35 minutes long - 200 Megs big! But it's worth a watch and has Pink Floyd music.:)

Note: The 2.9 Meg Divx codec on that page needs to be downloaded and installed otherwise most viewers won't work.

Can anyone translate Czech?

Pretty cool stuff to show to non-freedivers.

Peter S.

Last edited:
Can't get to it?

I can't seem to open the webpage in the post above... :(

All I get is a "Page Cannot be found" page in what I presume is Czech. I'm trying to connect from Stanford CA, USA.

Anyone else having problems? Can anyone provide the direct link to the video file, so I can download it directly?

Thanks!

Terry

It took 2 hours to download and...

it only plays the audio. There is something about no condenser, blah, blah, blah to support the download and play?:confused: :head :duh

Originally posted by Longfins

Note: The 2.9 Meg Divx codec on that page needs to be downloaded and installed otherwise most viewers won't work.

Does that answer it Gitano?;)

Uhmm this wouldn't be a DIVX rip of a movie would it? If it is then posting the URL here opens up DeeperBlue to charges of disseminating illegally copied material and copyright infringement.

My company just suspended (almost fired) people for exactly the same thing..

I think DB is safe.

I downloaded and watched it. It was encoded with the DivX codec, but doesn't appear to have been illegally 'ripped' and distributed from a DVD. If you visit the web site and download the vid, you'll see what I mean ;). Warm up to this codec....mpg is dying fast :blackeye. The best spot to get the most recent version of the DivX codec (5.X free) is at www.divx.com or www.divx-digest.com. Both are exceptional sites IMHO. It's an interesting vid. Worth the DL if you have broadband. Modem users can DL a 13 meg low res version of the vid if they are desperate, or they can let it DL for a couple days to get the big one :D.

Reactions: Jon
to Shadowkiller: Don’t worry about legality, it is their own video. Problem is that now this website is overloaded, I tried to download this video twice, but it failed both times.

BTW,
that video is filmed in a beautifull island of Brac in Croatia

Jero,

Thanks for the info. I kind of figure it's around there somewhere but couldn't pin point it on a map. Beautiful place. Wish I were there.

Peter S.

Definitely a cool video. First I was disappointed that no fish were being killed but then the music and diving got to me. Reminds me of why just being in the water with nothing speared is still a good dive. I think I gotta go get some Pink Floyd CDs now. the music had me smiling the whole time.

Brad :martial

Hey, if anyone is on Kazaa and has some spare bandwidth, could they share this file to free up some space on the checz website that seems to be struggling now that everyone is trying to download it at the same time.

I am too lazy to do exact translation and I still did not see the whole video, but titles at the beginning say: this is video of training of Czech team for Ibiza freediving championship at diving base Manjana on Brac Island and than it is explaining what freediving is and that no special effects were used in this video and all performances are real.

you were talking abou the cool music. how come the version i donwloaded doesn't seem to have any sound? or am i just being crap?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT