• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall holiday spots 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pointandhope

Apr 28, 2014
Me and the missus and kids are looking to come down Kernow way next summer for a camping trip. Have visited once or twice, but am not very familiar with the area. Anyway, it should be a good opportunity to get a little bit of spearing in! Just looking for a nice quiet ( no huge commercial sites please ), but with some facilities, camping site with decent access to beaches etc for family time and spearfishing of course! Thanks in advance.

I can recommend Boswinger youth hostel (I'm pretty sure they accept tents too) if your looking for somewhere secluded. They have a communal kitchen that is free to use, or will provide meals in exchange for money. There are showers and a drying room for your kit. Possibly laundry facilities as well. 10-15 min walk to the closest beach, 10 min dive to the closest town. It's a very nice hostel in a very nice spot. Check out google maps and the YHA web site for a better picture.

I dived a few sites whilst I was there in early June. Vis was generally good, 5-10m. Quite a lot of life, but I don't remember catching anything.

We stay at Menehay Farm camp site. It's a lovely quiet site just outside Falmouth. Location wise it's perfect for us. It's just a 20 minute walk to town and a cab home is only about six quid. It's the perfect balance between peace and quiet yet having pubs, restaurants and shops just down the road.

http://menehayfarm.co.uk/

Reactions: Pointandhope
We stay at Menehay Farm camp site. It's a lovely quiet site just outside Falmouth. Location wise it's perfect for us. It's just a 20 minute walk to town and a cab home is only about six quid. It's the perfect balance between peace and quiet yet having pubs, restaurants and shops just down the road.

http://menehayfarm.co.uk/

Yep, looks like what we may be after. Thanks very much.

Meanporth and Gyllyngvase beaches are just a few minutes away by car. Both beaches are perfect for families, Safe swimming for kids and parking right next to the beach making it easy to set up BBQ's etc. Gylly beach is a perfect spot for noob spearos but not sure if it would be of much interest to an experienced diver. If you do dive there you can walk around the corner toward Swanpool and access the water away from all the tourists. Or you can park at Swanpool and enter the water that side as there's normally less tourist on the beach there.

My favourite beach is a place called Nansidwell. It's about a 10 minute drive from the campsite and then a 15 minute walk through the woods. You'll often be the only person there.

Obviously the whole of Cornwall has so much to offer, but the Falmouth area and this campsite in particular, is a perfect base for a family holiday.

Obviously it's going to be a 95% family holiday! But I will throw in some basic spearo gear so I can slip off on an early dawn raid when the beaches are much quieter, and spend the days paddling,rock pooling and snorkelling in the shallows with the kids.

Hi
im new to spearfishing and don't know that many spots near me (torpoint) also going to the scillies on holiday soon too. anyone know some spots that are good but not too deep!

cheers, Tob

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT