• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall Spearo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

badlander

Registered Cruiser
Sep 2, 2006
Well,thought i'd do the introduction thing!

I'm purely a spearfisherman that got introduced to the,well, im loath to say sport because it's more of a consuming passion,by some friends about five years ago....i live in cornwall and i've surfed here for over twenty years and due to the ever swelling crowds i latched on to spearing because it gives me space and freedom once again in the sea which is what it's all about....i have two buddys that i've kinda eased into it and it's great to see them experiencing all the same problems i had but be able to give them some info that i gained in the trial and error process.......it's good to come on here and see that there are loads of other people in my area because i think in five years i encountered other spearos about twice!.....Anyway,thats about it i guess,other to say that as forums go,i don't think you could find a more helpfull and friendly bunch......Cheers!

Reactions: Almostafish
Badlander,

I'd like to 2nd your comment about the site.

Do those nooks and crannies on the Channel side of Cornwall hold good surf in the winter and maybe some fair visibility in the summer? My wife lived in Dorset and I have always wondered if your more sheltered Cornwall coves come to life with good waves on big swells and then clear up more than most Channel spots when things settle down.

Stanton Foster
Santa Barbara

Theres plenty of little gems that come to life in winter down on the south coast,little reefs and tucked away secret spots that are well worth investigation.The visibilty has been marvelous up until yesterday but now the Southerlys have taken hold and the boards taken the place of the spear in the car.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT