• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Corso di apnea, english release date anyone??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eshepard

Apr 24, 2004
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the english version of corso di apnea was due out??

thanks

Being published this September, will be ready to order off Amazon in October.
There should be a review appearing on Deeper Blue soon, hopefully also an interview with Umberto.

Libros en castellano

Claro !!!

I heard release date is Sept 30th, don't know if you'll get it straight off the shelf at Borders/waterstones til October though. Love to get my greasy mits on a copy now, shame I can't read Italian yet!

So many good French books available on Apnea, anyone know if any have been translated to English??? Or any Spanish books on the subject???, I can read that..........

Ciao! Golfinho...

I've found more information here:

http://www.thejacquesmayol.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1928649270/qid=1095065993/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-2642223-2608657?v=glance&s=books&n=507846"]Amazon.com: Manual of Freediving: Underwater on a Single Breath (9781928649274): Umberto Pelizzari, Stefano Tovaglieri: Books[/ame]

I'm waiting for this book too!

Golfinho:

Apnea literature in spanish is very poor...we only have 'tons' of 'Spearfishing' books ;-)

See you in the Blue,
Edu

Barca

It seems it's a big deal when a new book or movie is released on freediving as there aren't that many about.

Still it's quality not quantity that counts.

Edu, how is the freediving around Barca??? Do they also play underwater hockey there?

Ciao!!!

Hi Golfinho!

You're right: is the quality that counts!

In Barcelona there are some spearfishing clubs (Cavall de Mar, APS...) that have 'Miniapnea' groups for those crazy people (like me) that like freediving.
Also there are some underwater hockey group but I've never played it (some day :p).

See you in the Blue,
Edu

Ciao Will!

I think that the french and spanish translations are on their way and will be published soon. Is it so?

Ghigo

Version Italiano

So has anyone read the original Italian version, is it a good quality book, does it cover the subject in depth etc.?

Spanish version has been translated and is awaiting publishing. French version is on the way.
Manual of Freediving is the only comprehensive text available on freediving.

Thanks Will,

Yes thats what I thought, look forward to reading the book.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT