• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

costa brava spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

johnny

Jan 10, 2005
hello,

i live here in north spain on the coast, Mediterranean side, looking to meet new spearos and freedivers for diving, places and fun.

i know some lovely spots i need to learn more technics on all aspects of spearfishing and freediving. lets enjoy. :p

Hola Johnny,
Where are you exactly, I live near L'Escala, we could get together some time to do some freediving/spearfishing. You can see my website at: www.art-centre.com/sea it has underwater pics of the area.

Adrian

cool adrian, i am a friend of fflupo / wolfy he was talking about you to me quite recently, tomorrow i go with lupo to Llanca if you want to come.

we must meet up soon........ all the best johnny.

Last edited:
Hey Johnny

My friend runs a skydiving school at Empuriabrava. his name is Ivan Coufal. Please say Jeff says hello if you are ever at the skydiving club !!

Thanks

Johnny,
Wolfy gave me his phone but I haven't called him as I haven't been in the water for a long while. I'ld like to go to Llança but I have visits at home. When/where are you going next?

Jeff, Small world, Empuriabrava is just 20 minutes from where I live.

Adrian

hi adrian, i sent you a pm with a tel number. call me.

i do not know when we will go again but it will be soon, i was in l'Escala on sunday...

excellant. johnny. rofl

Hey Johnny

Not Jeff Mundy no, but he is a friend of mine, I used to skydive with him at Z-Hills and in South Africa !! Wow, what a small world !! I was going to go the Ampuriabrava to spend a season working as an AFF instructor for Roland, the previous owner, but went to the US instead.

Anyway Johnny, my surname is Jeff Ayliffe. Say hi to Ivan, Mundy etc.

Thanks

Jeff

excellant Jeff,

Will give Ivan a big hello from you, Mundy is in New Zealand skydiving.

i quit jumping full time, now just do the occasional one or two, spend most of my time at the moment in the water here in Costa Brava, working on my patience and breathing technics so i can spear a reasonable size fish....... still no luck. saw a nice octopus this morning though.

enjoy, be safe, Johnny.

hey Adrian,

Wolf and i are thinking of going again on Thursday somewhere but do not know where yet, do you have any ideas??? we have transport ( car )

we can come down your end of the bay, or stay up this end, we are easy.

look forward to it, Johnny.

Thursday looks good,
I'll call you tonight. I think the water is pretty clear around Cap de Creus, or if you want new sites, perhaps Montgo, but it's pretty empty of fish now, basically you'll most likely find bass these winter days. I saw some from the shore in Port Lligat of all places, if you don't mind diving in 2 meters of water! :)

Adrian

hi Adrian,

Cap de creus sounds excellant, yesterday we went to Llanca in the middle of the day, it was new place i have never been to, saw a nice 2kg Octopus, it got pretty pissed off with Wolf, he went to close ...all good fun.

anyway look forward to speaking to you tonight.

Johnny.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT