• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Costa Rica Info please

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

squinty

Jun 15, 2004
Hi all - the Squint is off to Costa-Rica with his new RA 110cm 2 x 16mm band Tuna Railgun. Does anyone out there have Costa-Rican spearing experience. Please PM me with any information (esp. Pacific side).
Squinty

Would love to here follow up trip report! We are planning a trip for 3rd week of March 2008. Or just call or E-mail me and we can shoot the breeze. BTW I can help with trips to SC / NC if your interested. We have the 20# plus Hogfish.
Thanks
Allen
cahendrick@gmail.com
864-275-1323

Last edited:
Roosterfish to 25 kg, Wahoo to 15kg (Poss to 30 kg) Amberjacks to 20kg (possible to 40kg), Red Snapper to 25 kg (Poss to 35 kg), Groupers to 40 kg (Poss to 180 kg), Snook to 15kg. You ll see turtles, Mantas and the odd shark and LOTS of Jacks up to 15 kg.

We wasted a lot of time finding fish then I went to some local commercial spearo's and dived with them for 2 months. They are v experienced and look from the small boat in about 20 - 30m of water for small shoaling yellow fish.......the amberjacks are around these and the snappers underneath. The Snappers and groupers are also in any holes you find in the rocks between 10 - 40m. I fished never deeper than 22 m.

If you see no fish - move.

I fished Jan and Feb 2006.

One final tip - I was at the tip of the Nicoya peninsula.

Good luck

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT