• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cosumel advice needed

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

waterbabe

Dec 23, 2003
HI myself and a group of diving buddies are considering booking a trip to cosumel staying possibly at the Fiesta Americana dive resort. If anyone has stayed here b4 and could enlighten me on good and bad points much appreciated or any other diving in mexico thanks:)

Hey Waterbabe,
I've stayed there about 10 yrs ago and hated it. The rooms were carpeted and there was a nasty mold smell that reminded me of low tide. Find out if they still have carpet in the rooms. Otherwise, Coz is a great place.Jerry

cozumel

thanks for your views much appreciated its always good to hear the truth rather than the sometimes over glorified brochure comments but we will def check about the carpets.happy diving in 2004.......: :)

Hi Waterbabe,

I found it very helpful to let my favorite dive shop help me decide among all the various accomodations. They had all types of choices and honest information about each one.

Their website has listings, but if you e-mail them, they can give you more details about each one.

http://www.deepbluecozumel.com

Hey - I realize this discussion is completely outdated, but I'm here now and others may check in the future.
I just stayed at Fiesta Americana January 05 and they have renovated half of the hotel so far - no carpet - it's all tile. If you want you can request the north side until it's all done. I'd also suggest one of the upper floors - better view of the ocean. As far as I know - most of cozumel has a little musty smell because it's so warm and humid.
I really enjoyed it and am scheduled again there soon. Dive House dive shop there is very good and I enjoyed my dives. I suggest reservations for the boat dives in advance - they do fill up. A couple of girls who know Cozumel were diving with Dive House even though they were staying at the Presidente Intercontinental up the beach (about the most expensive place there).
Dive Paradise is another good dive operator in Cozumel with a good rep and they have a very comprehensive web site.
Troy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT