• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Counterbalance

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
just another thought on the waist lanyard/wrist lanyard debate...

I have been wearing mine on my wrist recently but in Dahab we were recommended to put it on the weightbelt - for training (not for competitions). That way, you are happier to ditch your weight belt on a trouble some ascent as it will stay on the plate and you won't lose it! Made sense to me... mine is moving to my belt for now! Has anyone tried a counterbalance with the lanyard on the belt? is it really that much slower?

our counterweight is now working but we're not sure how fast it should come up - does anyone have an opinion on that?

At the moment it is running at just over 1m per second with no diver on it. I guess it needs to be a bit faster.....

Panos - how quick does the Greek comp one work?

1 m/s with no diver will equate to very little with a diver. I think you'll need to add a heap more weight. I remember playing with the counterbalance system in Dorothea and we couldn't believe how much lead was needed.

Could you triple it? Would the rig take that?

yeah we can quadruple it if we need to! its all mounted on our pontoon - will give it a go

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT