• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Crackling problem with Bleutec Fin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jogo

Jun 9, 2009
I have bought a pair of BleuTec Blade Fusion Fins from BleuTec in Greece. I am disappointed because one of the fins crackles when I swim with it and it is very annoying when you are spearfishing or even freediving. The other fin does not emit this sound and I have emailed the Company 3 times regarding this matter. They have replied once and have remained silent thereafter. It is very much a disappointment to have paid premium price for a pair of carbon fins from a reputable company and having to face this problem!
Attached is a video of the problem fin and you can hear the crackling clearly. A good advice to those looking out to buy a pair of carbon fins is to test it out by bending from the tip of the blade and see if it crackles.

Customer service doesn’t seem to be the Greeks strong side. I’ve tried to reach Pathos numerous times via many different channels, but they have yet to reply. Lousy.

I don’t understand that mentality at all, you are only as good as your customers say you are.

Nowadays when there are so many manufacturers and options with similar quality and pricing, the customer service is one of the more important means of competition. So how is it even possible to overlook the importance of it? Are they just behind the times or what?

Reactions: Jogo
I know that the owner of Bleutec has had to face some deaths in his immediate family so please be a little patient.
I can contact them on Monday about your problem if you would like to.
Do not forget that these companies are small and sometimes life happens to the people behind them.

I know that the owner of Bleutec has had to face some deaths in his immediate family so please be a little patient.
I can contact them on Monday about your problem if you would like to.
Do not forget that these companies are small and sometimes life happens to the people behind them.
Hi TazOO,

Thanks for your offer to help, will be glad if they could replace the blade that crackled.

I spoke with Bill Zonomesis (the owner of Bleutec) and his exact words were:
Bleutec’s warranty in well known and non negotiable. He will not replace a single blade since he only produces blades in matched pairs. He told me to return to him the blades and he will exhange them with a new pair.

I just bought a pair of Bleutec Impulse and also have the same exact problem, is the fin broken or what? can anyone tell more about this? is it dangerous to dive in with it? I havent try it on the pool or sea yet, just get it out from the shipping box like that.

Thanks,
Alfonso.

Hi,
I have had the same problem. I think it might be due to bent during transport but not sure. I put my blade for a quick bath in very hot water it solved the problem. Doesn't seem mechanical properties were affected.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT