• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Crashing in Miami...where to?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Hey y'all!

I'm taking a Performance Freediving clinic in July in Miami. I want to stay on Miami Beach, but don't want to get ripped off. If anybody knows a place, or knows somebody who knows a place to stay for less cash than normal, please send me a message quickly. July's not too far away!

I am also taking this course and I am wondering the same thing. I hhave not been to Miami in a long time and am wondering where to stay...how much for taxi rides/ etc. Any information would be helpful!
J.

Hey, J

I'm going to finalize a location by Wednesday. I'll fill you in on some ideas. It'll be good to meet you.

Birmingham, eh?

So far I, including you, there's gonna be 4 known Deeperblue members showin' up for that course. It's gonna be weird talking to everyone without motioning an air "quick reply" click after saying something.

I'll drop you a PM later this week when my friend from Florida helps sort me out.

I'm gonna have to do something about that rep power. You may be a 'Bamer, but you're still a southerner to me, heh-heh.

lol..southeners..hehe.. all three of you!

who am i gonna hang with while im there..hehe??

k...my ideas for hotel:
ramada marco polo resort..
holiday inn..miami beach (cant got wrong with holiday inn)
or
Days Inn North Beach Oceanfront

im open to other ideas too..but since i have an initial flight to get to the states..before i fly down to fl..im lookin to cut costs!

Last edited:
I think I got something cheaper...

not necessarily closest to the perimeter of the eastern coast,...but accessible and affordable.

wait till later this week, partners.

Last edited:
For those looking for a place to stay in Miami, you can get a private room at both the 8th Street Youth Hostel and the Clay Youth Hostel and both charge around 70$ a night (it's been a while since I've stayed there so the rates may be different, it's the off season) for a private room. If you want to share a dorm style room with a bunch of strangers, it is significantly cheaper. Both places are clean and right in the heart of South Beach.

Ya'll enjoy the clinic.

Michael.

All right!!! I finally booked my flight for the Freedive Clinic in July :D :D :D. Arriving on Friday the 15th at 1:00 pm and flying home on Thursday the 20th at 9:00 p.m. We need to arrange a drinking bash after (to avoid dehydration) the clinic concludes. :friday :friday :friday :yack :yack :yack :hungover

Reactions: sinkweight
Awesome. I think I might head back through Austin on the way back to do a little Lake Travis Scuba Park dive.

No. I think I might actually fly...although driving does have its advantages. Especially at 50mpg's.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the State of Texas regarding my license. With my luck I'd get pulled over on the way.

Ya, I know what mean. I got pulled over in Mount Vernon about 6 month ago at midnight because I began accelerating to the posted speed limit about 50yards before I actually reached the sign. I was held there for 25 minutes while they did a background search on me. It so happens that I had a unloaded 12 gauge and 30-06 rifle laying on the back seat laying in plain sight and a nine mm in the trunk because we were on our way to go hunting. What's that nightstick for....WHAM....:blackeye :crutch Just kidding, but the good thing was that I didn't get a ticket.

I drove down to Crystal river,FL. this past Feburary to see the Manatee's (Awesome) But the drive sucked. 22 hours of driving, with three near misses with deer, one was less that a foot. I would imagine that Miami would be at least 25 hours and with the price of gas....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT