• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Big Eyes?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Casi

Feb 23, 2003
Hi all,

I have just bought a pair of Cressi Big eyes goggles, for freediving. and i was just wondering wether any1 has had the chance to try them or just have an opinion on them.
I havent had the chance to try them yet but hope to soon.

//Casi

I was really impressed with the added vis but the volume is a bit larger than what I like. The standard for me is still the Mares Target or Cressi Minima for low volume. I can see where spearfishing, sight seeing, and scuba those Big Eyes would be super. Don't get me wrong - I really liked the big eyes but for deeper dives they are just a bit big on the volume.

would you happen to know what the air volume are in the goggles? I tried to have a look at their home page but i couldnt find anything... :confused:
In any case of what sort of depths are you talking about? Since im a noob to freediving and the whole diving scene, i think our "deeper dives" might vary abit ;)

sometimes big eye user

i have a pair and my wife has the horizon. and they work well for us in the 10-20m range. we use them whilst freediving and sight seeing in the no hunting marine parks here. we have found them to be a luxury with little burden in that range, any deeper and we use the "minima" or something similar.

to respond to the volume question i have to say i think it varries with the size of your face. i have a big nose(so big the "minima" nose pocket is a near perfect fit) and very high cheek bones(they are very close to the lens on the "big eye"). i think my face consumes more internal volume than the average face. i have used masks that others have complained about and had no problems.

funny story about the "minima". remember how i said the nose pocket is a perfect fit, well once whilst on a deep dive i didn't equalize my mask early enough. the pressure made a perfect seal on the bridge of my nose and across my cheek bones effectively blocking my nostrils from the rest of the mask. at the time i had a beard and when i tried to force the equalization the air of course escaped the nearest weakest seal around my moustache. now i have no beard and "equalize often and frequently". my father had the same problem and he resolved it with a very small tube from the base of the nose pocket to the eye resevoir.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT