• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Gara 3000 sizing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Leander

Oct 17, 2017
Hi,

Just as a lot of other people I am facing the dilemma of ordering fins online. The local shops stock mostly bright coloured tourist stuff and some Chinese rebranded fins. So instead I am looking to order online.

There are some good sales on Cressi's Gara 3000 and Gara Modularfins at the moment, but I am unsure about the sizing. In mails with Cressi and a few mailorders the question always is "what is your shoe size?". Well, it's between 40 and 42 depending on the brand, type and purpose of the shoe. So I told them the length of my feet in millimeters, hoping it would give good information, but apparently there are no tables going from mm/mondopoint sizing to finsize, so they couldn't help me. Maybe the Gara users amongst you can?

My feet are very much the same length: 255mm. Ask the internet and that gives a shoesize between 40 and 42, or even more if you convert it to US or UK sizes. My feet are quite narrow and I'd prefer to usethe fins barefoot as the sea on Crete is always quite warm, even in winter. Using a 2-3mm sock to fill gaps would be possible ofcourse. In a shop in the city (Heraklion, a 3 day tripby bicycle) I tried the Gara Modular and I had to go down to 38/39 to make them fit, but apparently the pockets of the 3000 and the modular are not comparable... So what size would you recommend for a 255mm foot, barefoot or with thin socks for the Gara 3000?

Ps. Hi, I am Leander. I left the Netherlands on my bicycle and ended up on Crete, Greece, where I refound my love for the sea. I will type a longer introduction post soon, but atm my phone is going crazy with ghost touches, so typing is a pita. :(

I have narrow feet with long toes, I normally wear a size 10 US shoe but in the 3000 I wear the 8-9 comfortably barefoot or with just a thin neoprene .0.5mm sock, my toes stick out a little in the front but that's fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally wear a size 10 US shoe
If you'd measure your foot using a ruler, how long in cm/inch is it? I ask because there is just too much margin between the same US or Euro size when comparing different shoe brands or even different models from the same brand.

If you'd measure your foot using a ruler, how long in cm/inch is it? I ask because there is just too much margin between the same US or Euro size when comparing different shoe brands or even different models from the same brand.

Sorry took so long to reply I don't come on very often. My foot from heel to tip of of my longest middle toe is 10.5 inches, my middle toe is 2inches just to give you a sense that I have about .5 inch longer than most people. [emoji3][emoji106]

Hi,

Just as a lot of other people I am facing the dilemma of ordering fins online. The local shops stock mostly bright coloured tourist stuff and some Chinese rebranded fins. So instead I am looking to order online.

There are some good sales on Cressi's Gara 3000 and Gara Modularfins at the moment, but I am unsure about the sizing. In mails with Cressi and a few mailorders the question always is "what is your shoe size?". Well, it's between 40 and 42 depending on the brand, type and purpose of the shoe. So I told them the length of my feet in millimeters, hoping it would give good information, but apparently there are no tables going from mm/mondopoint sizing to finsize, so they couldn't help me. Maybe the Gara users amongst you can?

My feet are very much the same length: 255mm. Ask the internet and that gives a shoesize between 40 and 42, or even more if you convert it to US or UK sizes. My feet are quite narrow and I'd prefer to usethe fins barefoot as the sea on Crete is always quite warm, even in winter. Using a 2-3mm sock to fill gaps would be possible ofcourse. In a shop in the city (Heraklion, a 3 day tripby bicycle) I tried the Gara Modular and I had to go down to 38/39 to make them fit, but apparently the pockets of the 3000 and the modular are not comparable... So what size would you recommend for a 255mm foot, barefoot or with thin socks for the Gara 3000?

Ps. Hi, I am Leander. I left the Netherlands on my bicycle and ended up on Crete, Greece, where I refound my love for the sea. I will type a longer introduction post soon, but atm my phone is going crazy with ghost touches, so typing is a pita. :(
hi man i am in the same dielmma my feet is 255 mm too, you can say what you bought in the end ?
thx

I have the Gara 3000- My foot size is 40 - 255 mm in lenght, not to wide....I finally adopted the 40-42 (a smaller size was difficult to find), which is indeed a bit large when using it without socks. It works, even though I'd prefer a tighter fit. Using a think sock may be a compromise.

Thx i want buy gara 3000 ld size 40/41online i not test it, my foot is 255mm, maybe you can Measure the length and width in cm of the inner foot pocket plz

i wud not recommend to buy cressi gara 3000 ld ) those fins is a good for deep dive, but very painful to swim on surface ..too hard fins for surface
and this drawback of this fins claimed by many hunters

when i check cheap plastic fins in decathlon i find out that the same longitude and design fins by Subea, seems to be much softer and foot pocket much flexible, and grey color of those fins gotta be much better for camouflage reason
but am not trying those subea fins in the water )

One thing you really have to take seriously, is that Cressi foot pockets are quite narrow. If you have medium or wide feet you risk getting cramps. This happened to me and I had to stop using the fins.
The LD stands for Long Distance and they are not as stiff as other Cressi plastic fins. But they are still not as soft as soft fiberglass fins or possibly other plastic fins.

I sold my razors because the foot pocket of size 39-40 was too wide, i try gara 3000 size 42-43 and it was too wide too so i hope size 40/41 will be ok,but i want to know the inner foot pocket measures.
Thanks...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT