• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Gara 3000LD or Prof LD?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

toramarn

May 11, 2010
Any comments between these fins if used equally for freediving & surface snokeling? I'm very new to freediving and have a small built (~130lbs).

-- Tor

Lots of good to excellent reports about the Gara 3000 LDs, but pretty much nobody has a pair of Professional LDs yet. Maybe Spaghetti knows something (if he's around)

Yes, I know that the Pro LD is quite new so it's quite difficult to get any info after looking up in this forum and even all over the net. :hmm

My most concern is whether it's too difficult for a newbie like me :hungover. Also would like to hear comments about the dis/advantages of having foot pocket under the blade.

I have, but seeing as these are the first pair of decent fins I have tried I could not give much of a comparison against others.
Foot pocket is nice: My feet are neither wide or thin and they accommodate them very comfortably - having used them for over an hour with no problem.
Blades: Feel really responsive and pretty effortless to fin with. Never having used carbon or glass I would not know if they chip but the plastic blades on these are very durable (I caught the tips of my first pair in a Yacht locker hatch when shutting and they did not break, bend or distort)
As for long surface swims they are lovely and it is easy to get into a smooth rhythm and let the fins do the hard work. Acceleration is smooth also, but having never used a stiff set of fins can not give any comparison.
Overall I am happy with the Pro LD, but then anything would have been better than the previous fins I was using!
p.s
Never let petrol anywhere near these fins (or others I guess) as while in Greece I placed them in a locker with a leaky petrol can. when I came to put them on the next time they started disintegrating in my hands (not ideal!)
All the best,
XMX

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT