• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Gara Modular Carbon fibre fins question, cannot find answer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dayday

Nov 16, 2015
Hey guys

Wealth of knowledge here. Thanks to all the members who chime in with the valuable 2 cents. First time poster.

I am considering buying the Cressi Gara Modular Carbon fibre fins but cannot find ANYWHERE what stiffness they are. I've read that carbon MSI grades range from 25 (soft) all the way to 55 (super stiff) and that your selection is dependent upon your weight and kicking power. I am very light only 66kgs. Would these fins suit me or be way too stiff?

This information is labelled on all high end quality fins, C4 red falcons, Omer stingrays carbons, Mares instinct etc etc. Yet no where is the grade, (25,30, 35, 40, 55) stated for the Modulars.

Hoping someone can shed some light on how stiff these really are and whether they would be great for me. I plan on treating mine with care and not having to replace them for some years.

Thanks

It's a firm fin but the most important, is the small angle of the blade which makes it a strictly freediving fin so if you tend to swim at surface avoid it in my opinion. Although I dont have concrete evidence I think that if you surface swim for 4-5 hours often, you will get achilles tendonitis.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G355HN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Also im about same weight, 67 at summer, when diving the most, and can reach 73 at winter . For me it is between little stiff and normal blade but i do some cycling and other sports.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G355HN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Xristos. Might save for some C4 Red Falcon 25s or Omer Carbon Stingray 25s.

Cheers

Could be a good idea..I've a C4 Falcon 25 and it is fine for me (65 kg/176 cm, legs in reasonable shape as I use the byke every day).

Could be a good idea..I've a C4 Falcon 25 and it is fine for me (65 kg/176 cm, legs in reasonable shape as I use the byke every day).
nice one dude, unreal set of fins - just hard to justify spending $550 USD on em. Got talked into some shite Cressi plastics at the local store for a rip. How are your C4's for surface swimming? I do a lot of shore dives too.

I like the fin also during surface swimming. Being rather soft it is comfortable. Be careful when choosing the foot-pocket - C4 delivers the blade. I canibalized a OMER as it had comfortable footpockets (at leastb for me)...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT