• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi gara modular fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vissy

Oct 24, 2013
I'm going to get myself a pair of garas but not sure on what size to get as I've heard the sizes are on the big size I'm a size 9 and will be wearing a 5 m sock my beauchats are 8 to 9 43/44 snug with 5m sock anyone what size I should go for ?

I had a pair of Cressi 2000HF's. I'm a size 8 and took a 42-44 foot pocket. The thickest sock I could comfortably get away with was a 3mm.
During the summer I went barefoot and had no problems.

Reactions: Vissy
They (the Garas) have different foot pockets from the other Cressi fins. I tried on the EU 40-41 pair and it fit with 3mm socks. They didn't feel tight and could slide off easily if I pulled them away from my foot at the heel. There were no gaps though but at the time I had never user ling fins before so I wasn't sure the size was right. I wanted to try the smaller size just to make sure but they did not have them so I did not buy them.

Thinking back I rhink it was the right size for me. I wear about the same shoe size in Italian or Spanish leather dress shoes (the narrow kind), if it helps.

I had a pair of Cressi 2000HF's. I'm a size 8 and took a 42-44 foot pocket. The thickest sock I could comfortably get away with was a 3mm.
During the summer I went barefoot and had no problems.
Hi mate cheers for reply I just received my garas today got a size 42/43 the foot pocket is really soft around the top but snug and I can only just see the tips of my toes not sure if your fully meant to see your toes or not and I'm wearing a 5m sock ?

Reactions: Bubbles12345
They (the Garas) have different foot pockets from the other Cressi fins. I tried on the EU 40-41 pair and it fit with 3mm socks. They didn't feel tight and could slide off easily if I pulled them away from my foot at the heel. There were no gaps though but at the time I had never user ling fins before so I wasn't sure the size was right. I wanted to try the smaller size just to make sure but they did not have them so I did not buy them.

Thinking back I rhink it was the right size for me. I wear about the same shoe size in Italian or Spanish leather dress shoes (the narrow kind), if it helps.
Hi there what size feet are you in Uk size ?

When wearing leather dress shoes (the most tight fitting type of shoes I have) I have an EU 42, US 9 & UK 8.5.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For comparison my Seac Sub Motus footpockets are size EU41-42 and they fit great using 3mm socks. From what I remember the Garas had about the same fit.

For comparison my Seac Sub Motus footpockets are size EU41-42 and they fit great using 3mm socks. From what I remember the Garas had about the same fit.

Hi there just received my garas and I'm a size 9 shoe got the 42/43 fins and the pockets are more like they fit an 11 foot so sending them back and try smaller size maybe a couple was looking forward to heading out tomorrow to try them Out wich is annoying still trial and error I guess cheers gab for advice

Hi there. Would you consider Motus footpockets being rather narrow for skinny feet? I have Gara Modular right now and I'm not entirely satisfied, they are sooo big... Thx.

Hi, I would, my feet are skinny. I don't remember the Garas feeling wide thought, are you sure you have the right size? Beuchat footpockets are also on the narrow type, but it is hard to find (non-beuchat) blades to fit.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT