• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi modular Footpocket starting to ripp

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Okis

Apr 12, 2016
So i bought a pair of Cressi Modular's about 15 months ago. At that time i did some research and read all the stuff about their footpockets breaking but that cressi went out and said it was only a problem with the 1st generation modular footpockets.

With that in mind and that the fins was one of the few available in physical shops on my island and a perfect fit i went for it and bought them.

I shoredive alot so the blades are really scratched up but except that part i have really babied and taken well care of these since i was paranoid about the footpockets giving up.
Properly rinsed after each dive, no exceptions!!! And every 3 months i have greased the footpockets with silicone gel.

Some days ago i ordered my first pair of carbons which i'm still waiting for and hoping to get until my freediving courses starts next month.

GOOD TIMING!

In the end of a shoredive this afternoon i felt my arch and toe cramping up a bit. I thougt it might have been the sock not sitting right so i started adjusting it. Then i looked down and realized there now was a gap on top of my foot where the rubber and silicone connects which cressi calls "self adjusting". Since the harder rubber now wasnt connected to the rest of the footpocket it caused my foot to raise too much when finning.

I later on got home and started inspecting it, also checking the other footpocket discovering that the self-adjusting area on that one also are about to give in. It hasnt opened up completely yet but there is a 2mm opening in the corner.

Since i've been treating the footpockets like queens i'm ofc is so dissapointed. But i feel lucky that i already have new fins one the way. I'm gonna try and glue this tomorrow but i feel pretty pessimistic about the results.

Just want to warn others about this issue with cressi's modular footpocket and also see if anybody else had the issue of the top part of the FP opening up?

tmp_28088-20171025_184904858993535.jpg

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT