• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Sioux 75 new bands.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DabMorgan

May 4, 2021
Hi guys,

Please can anyone provide me with some advise on changing my cressi sioux 75 bands?

I am looking at the Cressi S45 Rubber Band 18.5mm bands, are these too powerful for the gun?

Its my first time changing bands so am unsure how it really works. I will be upgrading to a new gun soon but would like to have a second gun as a spare.

Any advice will be hugely appreciated.

Happy hunting and thanks everyone.

Dan

Standard bands for the Cressi Sioux 75 are 13mm so i would say that 18.5 is too much and will just create recoil which will make shooting inaccurate go for 14mm maximum.

Last edited:
Reactions: DabMorgan
Standard bands for the Cressi Sioux 75 are 13mm so i would say that 18.5 is too much and will just create recoil which will make shooting inaccurate go for 14mm maximum.
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I contacted my local store https://www.spearfishing.co.uk/ and they recommended upgrading to the 16mm bands, but agreed with what you said in that the shaft is too weak / might bend the spear / recoil etc. I have also upgraded the spear to a Picasso stainless as opposed to the cheap cressi standard spear which i think is an aluminum composite.

Looking forward to testing it out in the water!

All the best,

Dan

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT