• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi SL trigger screw and pin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Oh forgot to ask what is the thread pitch of the main screw please?

You mean on the trigger bushing itself? I can't remember off the top of my head, and there are a few different ones around, too. But I have come across M8x1 and M8x1.25 on various guns. And I think possibly both from Mares depending on age of the gun. But actually, I wouldn't know in your case as I've never had a Cressi gun;-)

Pete is right, just drop Edo from edosub.it a line and ask as he would either know or check for you. He's on Facebook, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Crispin
Might be worth checking out the "Lightning" trigger kit https://www.edosub.it/ecommerce/ind...mart&page=shop.browse&category_id=57&Itemid=1
It seems that the "Lightning" is the Italian name for the Quasimodo "Saetta", although maybe not as elsewhere the "Saetta" name pops up.
lighning trigger kit.jpg
lightning handle assembly.jpg

Last edited:
The size and pitch are m8 x 1.
I might check out that kit, although I'm more inclined to just build it myself and be sure.

My cut down barrel came back last night, I reassembled it, the length seems great, just need to modify the trigger and change the Piston and she'll be ready. Excited to try it as an 85, the length still seems easy to load, I'll try it at around 20bar for a couple of goes before I bump it up and see what the range/power is on some of the bigger pelagics.

If you shoot a decent size pelagic fish make you don't lose your gun as with a desperate rush they can then jerk the gun from your hand, unless you deliver it a crippling blow of course and put a shot through its noggin or spine.

Sometimes to reduce parts inventory companies will use the same parts in a range of guns and the screw thread of the trigger "O" ring disk may be the same in all the Cressi-Sub pneumaitic guns.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT