• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cressi sub competition/supercompetition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bighi

Jun 13, 2003
I am getting frustrated at the incompetence on cressi's part regarding their free diving suits. Have they forgotten their roots. We should start bombarding them with emails telling them to market the suits in a proper manner. Think about it, you open their glossy catalogs and the first thing you see is a picture of Umberto Pelizzari in either a comp or supercomp suit. After all, he gets paid by them to wear the thing. To top it off, it is a pretty darn good product for the price. But then you go through the entire catalog, or website for that matter, and will not find an iota of information on it. That would be fine if they at least made enough of them. But it seems they don't. I think they have been backordered at diveinn for a while now. The point I am making is not about just going out and getting another suit. Simply put, they already make the thing. They sponsor somebody to wear it. They put out glossy shots of the guy wearing it all over the place. Then for some stupid reason, they show utter imcompetence in both marketing and producing it in sufficient numbers. I'm going to email them and suggest others to do so. Heck, if they made more of them, they might end up even cheaper. Better for the sport. You would think some undewater astronaut is running the show over there. But then again, they do make and keep developing the gara fin. So I don't know. But I will email them and hope others do so.

I have the supercomp and really like it. Then I decided to get an Eliossub custom suit for nearly the same amount of money and really LOVE the suit. Having a custom fit makes all the difference. I will sell you my Cressi cheap, its a size three, excellent condition.
Jim

Thanks Jim, but I need a larger size. By the way, how was it as far as durability?

The Cressi is very durable. The Eliossub is very fragile because I did not get the nylon on the outside. Its smoothskin- big mistake as I just tore one of the sleeves badly.
Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT