• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cressi-sub_Minima_mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i can say with all honesty that in my opinion its one of the best of the world. super low volume and fits my face as if it were a second skin. i give it a 11 out of 10

I also think it's a good mask, but it tends to leak on many faces, so trying is advised. If it fits well it is a good mask.

I love my sphera much more than my minima. Might wanna do a search on that as well.

I use the Seemann Sub Phantom. (It seems to be similar to the Dacor Bandit).
It's my first apnea mask and I like it alot. It's more comfortable than any other mask that I ever tried. Fits perfectly on my face. No leaking... even if I didn't shave my beard for some days <g>.

I also have a minima, and it's a nice mask.

Recently I bought a Aqualung Sphera, for the sheer view it offers.
I feel much more into the blue, dark. I feel I'm more there with the sphera.

Both masks work for me, and I dive to 50m.

Just fit the mask befor you buy, that's the best advice I know.

Kars

I Love my Minima

I got a Cressi Minima over a year ago, and it's very comfortable. As mentioned before, the strap can be a problem (I had mine replaced with a much thicker, non hair-grabbing neoprene one), and the skirt can leak. The leakage tends to be the worst if you smile or move your face very much. There's a snorkel attached to mine, an Impulse 2, and the setup works really well. A stronger strap probably helps to prevent leaking.

It may sound like a problematic mask, but I really don't think it is. The comfort is extraordinary, since the skirt is so soft. I'd highly recommend it. I''m considering a Superocchio because its lenses offer a wider view. Suppose it all depends on what you want.

I have one and it's great. Perfect fit and no leaky, even with facial hair. I understand this has not been the case for all users. It's definitetly worth the risk. If you get one Ling and it doesn't work for you, PM me and we can discuss my taking off your hands.

I've got a minima, but don't really care for it much. It fits great but because of it's design and small lenses, I felt a bit claustrophobic. Jon was diving with me as my instructor, tried the minima and agreed with me. I tried UNIRDNA's cressi superocchio and was convinced it was a superior mask. The superocchio is just a bit larger, has the same fit, but has larger lenses.

I felt the same way when I first tried my Minima. I went from a Scubapro mask to the Minima, and the field of vision is definitely smaller. It was infinitely more comfortable, though. I takes a bit of getting used to, since I am also a bit claustrophobic. :)

minima is more of a purist mask. not really good for spearing, but for freediving its great. i got two years out of my strap. just your basic freshwater rinse after use will really extend the life of the silicone. im a pretty hairy guy and i dont have a prob. when i sport a moustache i just put a little vaseline and that does the trick quite nicely.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT