• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Suits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
I noticed two Cressi suits on DiverInn. they look like a steal, anyone have any expeirence with them? Looking for diving in Canada.

Willer

They're Super...

Hello Amphibious,

I live in Juneau, Alaska and I dive year round in a Cressi Super Competition. The water temperature here is ~5-12c, but I'm 230lbs., so It works great for me and the seal around the waist does exactly what it is supposed to; no water movement. My advice would be to get a 7mm suit if you plan to be immersed for periods longer than two hours or you chill easily, otherwise 5mm is fine.

There are a number of other manufacturers and the pictures from CAFA's regionals shows quite a few people in Picasso's, but they tend to be expensive. I haven't been to the Deeper blue shop yet, but you might want to check out their selection and pricing too.

Happy Diving,

Ward2

5mm!? :duh Yeah, whatever.

When I was up there and not in a Unisuit, I was happier than a pig in poop with a suit from Blue Water Hunter in Santa Barbara, a 9mm body with 7mm legs and arms, pretty much your standard urchin diver suit. They're on the Web, tell Andy I sent you and he'll set you up.

sven

I just tried out my new 5mm Cressi suit (from DiveInn). I like the fit, it seems to be super stretchy. I think for the price it's a steal. As for how warm it is, haven't had it in cold water yet, but I think it'll be good, as there seems to be very little water transfer. The suit really klings in place. I'd buy it again. Safe diving.

9mm!? Yeah, whatever.

I think you're a wuss Sven. :D

Actually, the Super Comp. has a 6.5mm jacket and 5mm farmer john. So it's ~11.5 in the torso, 6.5 in the arms, and 5mm in the legs. It also has a 'metalite' lining inside, which is similar to some Picassos. It works for me.

I dove for Pinto Abalone and Sea Cucumber up here, and I used a Sherwood 6.5mm for scout diving and as backup (when the DUI 1050SE needed a patch), but at ~4 hrs. a dive (surface supplied), my lips were blue. I wouldn't recommend it. If you're diving commercially this is all a moot point.

If you're training for depth, you have to compromise between suit compression/less buoyancy at depth (thicker suits), more weight, but longer periods of immersion, and conversely, less suit compression, less weight, and shorter periods of immersion, but greater depths. Whatever you buy, being safe and comfortable in the water is what's important.

Happy diving,

Ward2

PS Just kidding Sven, I don't want to hurt your feelings. :waterwork

super comp

I ordered a Cressi Super Comp from DB/Diveinn last week. I ordered it on Monday and it came to Phila. on Thursday. Excellent craftsmanship and super clingy. Saturday I wore it at the Dutch Springs Quarry- avg temp 42F. I could not believe how warm it was. I remember being cold at the quarry the same time last year in a dry suit! I was in the water over two hours and the only thing that got cold were my hands through the gloves. For 175.00 its hard to get a better deal. Definitely just as good as the Picassos for less than half price.
Jim

Hi guys! Nice to hear good things about the supercomp.
I live in Germany, so I dive in these cold and dark lakes.
I think of buying a supercomp, but I need some additional info:
Is it opencell?:D
Can you strech your arms in front of your head without problems?
How's the breathing in this suit?:mad:
That's a really nice price at diveinn! I have paid 700DM (~330$)for my scuba-suit which sucks a bit :head :duh :naughty
Huh, right now I'm waiting for my new Gara2000HF (ordered today at diveinn):D I already have the LD, but at -30 they're smooth like butter in the shining sun ;)
Safe diving!

supercomp

To answer a few of your questios- I do not know if it is open cell or not because no info came with the suit. The buddy diving with me on Sat. had the mimettic Picasso camo suit and the rubber of the Cressi vs the Picasso was exactly the same. He was envious when I told him I paid 175.00 and he paid almost 600.00 dollars. The suit is very flexible and I can easily bring both arms together over my head. I am 5'7" tall and weigh 140 lbs with no body fat to keep me warm and this suit works for me.Hope this helps.
Jim

cressi-sub suit size chart

Anyone out there who knows about a cressi suit size chart?
I'm looking to order online a supercomp and I couldn't find any sizing info for it. Tried diveinn/deeperblue and cressi sub site without any luck.
I'm 183cm (6') and 82Kg (180lbs) - size 4, 5 or 6?
Thanks.

Virgil

water temp

Virgil, what temp water will you be in mostly? This suit is really warm and I have been in 52degree surface, mid 40's deeper for hours at a time. If I could do it over, I would probably go with the thinner model.
Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT