• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi vs beuchat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
Hey,
I am a new free diver ,I am diving at depths of 3-5 meters and in the near future I will move to 10-15 meters, I had a fin of Mars Razor but it was too wide and I felt it was a bit too soft but I did not try it for long. I plan to do dives for a few hours including swimming to the diving area. my legs are narrow so i have dilemma between cressi gara 3000,2000 or beuchat mundial competition,sport
Which fin is better than your experience? Thanks

The Cressi's seem to be tougher and last longer (I've had both). Go with the Cressi 3000, a softer fin that is much better on the surface than the 2000 or the competition. Softer helps you learn good finning technique. Check to see that you feet fit the Cressi's. They don't do well on divers with wide feet.

If the Cressi's don't fit and the Beuchats do, I think the Beauchats can change blades to something softer than the competition.

I thought both were fairly narrow. Both fit me barefoot just fine. I know a few divers who can't wear Cressi's because they have wide feet and dive cold water(thick booties), but only a few. What temperature do you dive in?

In the summer 20-28 degree in the winter 17+
I want use them in the summer i have narrow feet i tried the beuchat size 39-40 and it feel good but my toes little get out few milimiters i just want to know if cressi size 40-41 fit better at lenght and if have the same width
Thx

Sounds like the Cressi's.

Can't help you on exact size, but I thought the Cressi 2000 was a bit wider than the same size Beuchat.

I would stick with the Razor fins - they look like decent fins - and adjust fit with thicker neoprene socks if they are too big. If that's not practical and return not possible, maybe sell them on.

Softer fins are often recommended for spearos, to make fining along the surface easier. So not really a reason to change at this stage.

I thought both were fairly narrow. Both fit me barefoot just fine. I know a few divers who can't wear Cressi's because they have wide feet and dive cold water(thick booties), but only a few. What temperature do you dive in?
That's a myth re. Beauchats. While some say Beuchats fit narrow feet, they also fit wide stocky feet, like mine, well. I've been using them for 13 years and now own 2 pairs.

Omersub footpockets are also well regarded.

Sounds like the Cressi's.

Can't help you on exact size, but I thought the Cressi 2000 was a bit wider than the same size Beuchat.
I doubt it. Beauchats are not narrow in my experience. I have not heard anyone say the same of Cressi tho', I believe Cressi's are narrow.

I sold the razors thy were too wide with 3 mm sock not slip out but not snug, the beuchat was snug but few milimter shorter my feet,so i dont know which foot pocket better the cressi gara 3000 ld or the beuchat mundial.

Which one the cressi or the beuchat footpocket better?
My preference would be Beuchat (or Omersub) with replaceable blades. Beuchat also sell fins with permanent blades, like the Cressi's, which are cheaper - until you break a blade, which is unusual but not unheard of.

But sounds like your feet are narrower than mine. Cressi's are well regarded for spearing too. The LD variants are usually recommended - LD standing for long distance I believe, i.e. soft ;)

The replacble blade its big plus of the beuchat but if my toes are long in few milimiter i can see my nails it fin or too small?

In the summer 20-28 degree in the winter 17+
I want use them in the summer i have narrow feet i tried the beuchat size 39-40 and it feel good but my toes little get out few milimiters i just want to know if cressi size 40-41 fit better at lenght and if have the same width
Thx
I don't fully understand what you wrote here but if you are saying your toes don't poke out much on the Beuchats, then I woul ask: why do you want your toes to poke out?

BTW My feet are quite a lot smaller in winter than in Summer. I wear thick socks in winter but often swim without socks in Summer.

What i tried to say that my toes are longer than the end of the footpocket they get out, i just try to understant if its normal or its too shoret :)

Not sure about this toe sticking out thing. If they are comfortable and you have good blood circulation, while in the sea, that's good. Otherwise the fit is not good.

Sounds like to me like you would be happier with Cressi footpockets. There are other brands of course, if you want narrow fit and replaceable blades.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT