• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bsnyder

Feb 25, 2002
Wanted to know if anyone has tried both or either of the cressi competition (5mm) and super-competition (6.5/5mm) wetsuits and your opinions. Specifically what temp range you feel they are good for, quality of construction and durability.

Thanks in advance

Hi bsnyder!
I have a Cressi Supercompetition suit, and I'm very happy with it!:D
It has opencell neoprene on the inside, with a thinn metal coating.
The adhesive force of the coated opencell neoprene is not very high, so you can easily put the suit on. On the other hand this makes the fit absolutely important: if it fits, you'll have a damn good suit for the really cold dives. I dive in German lakes, where you always have 4°C below 20m. Usually I tend to overheat while preparing at the surface, at about 23°C.:eek:
Then I'm really happy when freefalling into the cold...
The quality of the suit is good, it is also very very comfortable.

You can do a lot worse than a SuperComp 6.5. I've accomplices that regularly wear them all day here in temps to 43F. Lube 'em up, trim your nails and go for it.

sven

Thanks for the info. I had been leaning towards the supercomp, especially since I am not that fond of farmer john style pants. So I went ahead and ordered one and hope that it does fit well enough. Most all the measurements were right on except I am a little thinner around the chest. With a little luck it might just be perfect.

the suit molds to your body

As you know I have the supercomp and after a few weeks of diving all the time, the suit now looks like a mold of my body. Very cool and an excellent fit. Good luck.
Jim

I've just bought the supercomp and it fits nicelly. There is one problem though and that is that the wrists and ankles leak i.e. there not tight enough. Do any of you have this problem and if you have this problem have you done anything about it and then what have you done?:)

Perhaps it's the wrong size?

Hello Joakim and welcome to the forums!

I dive in a Supercomp here and never have leakage problems, but I'm also a big guy - i.e. large wrists and ankles, 50" chest, 6' tall, 230 lbs. - so perhaps that is why the wrist and ankle seals don't leak.

Are you diving with gloves and socks? If the ankle seals leak with your socks tucked under them, then there is either a manufacturing problem or the suits to big for you. Be that as it may, I've heard that some people duct tape there seals, but that seems like quite a hassle to me. Perhaps the almighty Sven will chime in here. :king

Don't know if I've been much help. :confused:

Happy Diving,

Ward

Aloha Joakim
A buddy of mine had this problem. He went to a person that was very good with neoprene glue and had them roll the cuff. If the cuff is loose enough, you can fold a few cm back and glue it. Inside is better for the seal but outside is easier to glue and to put on. An elastic band of exactly the right size is far easier and may work better. With the right super glue you can make elastic bands any size.
Bill

chime?

If you elect to keep the suit, assuming it's the right size evrywhere else on you, take a really sharp, as in new, razor blade and slit the seals in a long "V" shape and reglue.

This requires a clean and hard surface to cut on and to glue. Prime the raw edges with the glue, let dry, then add some more glue, let it tack up and stick together. Let dry, then go get wet.

sven

Reply to Sven

Im a bit puzzled by the long V shape bit. DO you mean to just cut half the wrist lock of and glue it on the inside on the other half to make it fit better or are you explaning something more of a diffucult procedure?

Please be more aloborate in the description of the procedure, so that I understand.

Regards joakim

For my Swedish bretheren

OK, let me E laborate...

Looking at your wrist as you wear the suit, envision a long, narrow V, like a slice of lignonberry pie, with the two "legs" of the V at the outermost edge of the cuff, where the suit ends, and the point of the V at the seam wear the seal ends and the full thickness of the suit begins, 2-3 inches up from the edge of the suit cuff. When you cut the V, you can vary the width of the V to fit your wrist pretty tight or however you like. Start with a 1/4" or so and pinch the seal and see if it fits better- if it's still loose, cut the V a bit wider....

I can't emphasize enough that you get the edges really straight and clean and that you follow the glue manufacturers instructions, which with neoprene cement is what I described earlier. Stay away from Aquaseal or any hard drying cement as it will tear from the suit. And don't use oil to lube the suit up, use some watered down hair conditioner.

You're not anywhere near Mora by chance?

sven

Suit fit

Well my suit arrived today and I what from elated to bummed out in about 15 minutes. Even though I had carefully taken my measurements and used the cressi fit chart from diveinn I wound up with a suit that is unquestionably too big. The most irritating thing is that the only measurement that I was a little small on for the size 4 suit was the chest. While it was certainly loose in the chest, my thighs and biceps were actually bigger than the chart listed yet those too were loose. So loose that that each needs to be about a half inch removed to even start to make that section stretch.

Has anyone else noted this and needed to undersize their suit? Also I already sent it back , but can anyone tell me how easily diveinn accepted returns?

Thanks,
Bryan

To Sven

Thank you for the great description of the V shape. Now I understand.

And sorry Im in the south i the town called Växjö, right in the middle of Småland.

Thanks again.:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT