• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cuba - santa lucia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I went there in March, dived with Shark's Friends, we were a group of 12 divers. It was excellent diving, fantastic reef in pristine condition. Only tourists are divers so it is unspoiled. The boat was large and comfortable

Tender boats picked us up from the beach each morning (under police supervision checking that only tourists were getting on the tenders) and brought us to the main boat, on which we went to the dive sites.

Equipment was excellent and staff very friendly, they also spoke good English

We did also one night dive which was excellent, but bring your own dive light as the ones provided were not super.

Saw turtles, lots of schools of fish, and it is basically mostly wall dives.

Did 12 dives, of which 3 wreck dives

Also did a dive with bullsharks, was very impressive, this was a shore dive. The max depth for this dive was 80 feet. The operator feeds dead fish to the sharks, by hand, and they are absolutely huge. To get to the bullshark dive site they have an old schoolbus, this worked well, but make sure u bring insect repellent as there are lots of mosquitos

I did not see anyone doing spearfishing, but I was not there to do that.
The visibility was fantastic, just as good as in Cayman.
I think that when Cuba will reopen to the US tourists it will be a big blow to the Cayman diving industry.

It's quite easy to scuba dive in Cuba, they have lots of operators, both in the North and the South coast.
However, it might not be so easy to go spearfishing there:
Spearfishing in Cuba

Have great dives!

Diving in Cuba is Great..I do it everyday being a member of the military stationed in Guantanamo Bay. 2 or 3 dives a day and 4 or 5 on the weekend. Life is Good. Spearfishing is Great...Snook, Hog fish, Grouper, Jack, and Barracuda. Bull Sharks are rarely seen here. But look out for the Coconuts!

CPT D

Guantanamo Bay

The Bay and OUR Boundaries are it. The Base has Regulations and the rest of the International Boundaries are off Limits. Spearfishing Wise..You take Your chances on the GTMO River. On thursdays there is a Meat Production Company in GTMO City that dumps meet into the Water. It is a Great feeding area for Bull Sharks..

CPT D
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Reef Raiders
"Honor Bound to Defend Freedom"
"Keep Your Powder Dry"

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT