• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Custom wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ptrapp

Jun 4, 2003
Hello,

I'm quite tall (1m84) but skinny (65kg). Therefore, I'm considering buying a custom made suit instead of a factory made, because they are all too large.

Is there anybody who has some experience with European custom taylors? I'm thinking at Submarine (Nice, France) or Elios (Italy, seems to be the most known on this forum, but alas, there website is screwed up). Are there any others I should know about?

Do they always deliver quality work? If you give them your measurements, does this mean that the suit will fit guaranteed?

I'm looking for a plain 5mm (durable, thus not to fragile).

All tips or suggestions are welcome!

Kind regards,

Philip

I've seen an Elios freedown suit recently and it looks fantastic, fir was excellent and quality great. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered. Elios were very helpful when I emailed them - I told them what I wanted the suit for and they came back with various suggestions and prices. Would definately recommend them...

Good luck..

Donna

Reactions: donmoore
How long does it take from order to delivery? What suit did you order? Was the price/shipping reasonable?

My custom Elios fits perfectly. Shipping to the US was 60.00 and it took about a month from order to arrival. Really great suit.
Jim

I have ordered the freedown open cell 5mm, no linings, just as it comes. This is a new neoprene that Elios are using. A friend of mine who ordered and received his used it last weekend and said it was fantastic to dive in. Mine is on its way - I ordered it approx 2 weeks ago, and Elios informed me it was sent out On Wednesday so should be with me anytime now. Shipping cost was Euro 22 and the suit was a really good price - I ordered socks and suit Euro 260.

Some of the other suit options were cheaper than this, so its definately worth mailing them and telling them what you want/need the suit for and they will give you options and prices....

I, finally, got a chance to try out my new Elios suit this morning. I ordered the 6mm opencell inside/ smoothskin outside suit- with low density Heiwa neoprene.

It's, hands down, the warmest wetsuit I have ever worn. I was worried about getting cold so I ordered a vest to wear with it, but I didn't use it today and may never use it. I stayed toasty warm for 2+ hours in 40 degree water. I could have stayed in much longer, but got a little bored with the lake I was in.

This is also my first smoothskin suit, my others all have nylon outer linings on them, and I could feel myself 'slip' through the water easier. I could also breath up easier, and I think it improved my monofining as well! I also noticed, when I had on my monofin, that the water would not flow into my suit like it did on my Cressi super-comp- which happened even if I had my ice mask on. I may never use my ice mask again, either, since this thing seals so well.

I think I paid around 150 Euro for this suit. I just know that my total bill for this suit, and a matching 3mm for summer time, plus a vest and shipping to the US came to about $500 (US) even.

I can't say enough good things about this suit, but just wish I would have invested in one sooner.

Jon

These suits sound cool. Cheap too! Does anyone know the contact details? :D

info@eliossub.com
www.eliossub.com

Just mail them and tell them what you want the suit for and they will give you lots of different options and prices. They are very helpful. This is the first freedive suit I've bought so I put complete faith in their recommendations, and if my suit is half as good as my friends, then I certainly won't be complaining!

I have a 6mm Elios Black Shadow Neopren - very low density - opencell in, smoothskin outside. The Quality is superb, I mean the Quality of the Tailor-job. The Quality of the Neopren too, but it is not only very fragile in terms of Ripping but also very delicate when it is folded it gets Wrinkles after just some Days- the Neopren is of such a low Density...

Nothing compares to tailor made Elios Suits when it comes to serious Freediving... The Italians simply have the most in Experience and Talents in tailoring Neopren Suits. That is a fact.

by the way: 4 Freedivers of the group I am training in use tailormade Elios-Suits- all of them fit very well. So don't worry about the measurement. Just make sure you follow the remarks on the website of Elios.

hope i helped...
pat

Well guys I received my Elios suit today, and all I can say is wow! The fit is spot on and it is really comfortable. Can't wait to try it out in open water - will be very interesting to see what difference it makes to my dives - up until now I've been diving in a 6.5m semi dry suit, which as you can imagine, has not been particularly easy or comfortable!

Donna

Really looking forward to hear how you get on with the suit. Pay close attention and tell all :), Im in need of a new one nowish if not sooner :(

I'm getting a little bit stressed :-/

I tried to contact Elios via email (twice), they didn't respond. Tried their phone number and fax number, the numbers didn't exist!

Does this company still exist? If so, I'm getting a hard time to get something ordered from them.

Has anyone additional contacts perhaps?

Thx,

Philip

They better still exist, I'm expecting my suit to arrive this April! :)
It took them almost a week for the first e-mail reply.
Check in their site if your country has a reseller, that might make things faster. Anyway, be patiant, being a mediteranean, I know that things sometimes move in a different pace here. :)

It does take a few days for Elios to get back to you Philip. I think I mailed them thr first time on a Sunday and didn't get a response until Thursday evening. But, it is worth waiting for :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT