• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Custom wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
How do you make those eyelets with no fear of causing damage to the suit? I mean, to make sure that the hole won't expend from tension....?

I agree Lambis, I think I will get a mono, particularly as I dolphin kick with my fins on anyway!

I'll borrow Sam's for the weekend and see how I get on and then maybe I'll contact specialfins next week to see what they suggest.

Very good idea to use the money to buy an Elios suit!! I'll let you know how the weekend goes...

Donna

I now have a SpecialFins blue mono. It is 38-40 and totally beautiful.

It hasn't got wet yet but I am sure it will be fabulous - Donna you are welcome to have a go. Specialfins are incredibly helpful and it only took a few weeks to arrive so if you like it, I would highly recommend one

Sam

Samdive

The Blue mono will be a experience for you . A nice one!!
The omer footpocktes will be with time softer. Be carefull if you use it in a pool.
A) dancerous to other freedivers &
B) you scratch the underside of the Monoblade if you stay inside the pool. The ceramic off the pool is dancerous. Is not a big problem (Mine is full with white scratches) only a cosmetic one.

Lambis

Thanks Sam.... Bring your 'spare' mono as well so I can try it out over a few dives. If I like it, assuming you're selling it, I'll buy it off you, will at least get me started. Maybe I'll win a specialfins one :D I wish....

Just had a look at specialfins site - I think I may have to wait a while - cashflow is somewhat tight at the moment :( - well certainly can't stretch it that far!

Donna

Donna

If you whant a monofin from Specialfins write to Jyri

jyri@specialfins.com

He is a great person and will help you witha all you needs
Say my greatings to him

Lambis

I ordered my suit at Elios, now three weeks later I received it. The quality of the suit is good, and it fitst perfectly. So far so good. Except they forgot to add the knee and chest pads, which I ordered and payed for. I wrote an email yesterday evening and asked them how they could arrange this.

I'm still and curiously awaiting their response.

Anybody had a similar experience with them?

Regards,
Phil

Does anyone have any experiences with elios' black coated neopren? Black coated suit cost like 30$ extra compared to gold coated version. Is it worth it? What do I get for my money?

BR,
Juhani

Black Coating (My Wife have this) is the same easy to get in & out
But lite wormer .
Elasticity, residtance & durability off the Black coating is higher that Gold . Elios say 20-30% more
Black coating feels better in the skin that Gold. Is more like Open Cell

Lambis

Thanks! It sounds that for 30$ extra I would get in every way more comfortable suit. And if the extra durability means that I can use the suit maybe one diving season longer, I think I'll go for the black coating.

...and I was supposed to be on a low budget.

but as i know inner coated ones are not as warm as rubber, so you loose a bit of the advantage of the opencell with inner coating.

Dived in my suit properly this weekend - was great, absolutely no complaints.

I flushed my hood before I started diving and didn't have a problem with hood squeeze, so hopefully thats all sorted now.

Donna

and I made a couple of small pin sized holes in the ears of mine and that worked too

Sam

Have wetsuit, will dive.

Dove with my Elios the first time yesterday (3mm Open cell, nylon exterior). Forgot the bottle with water/shampoo mix at home, as fitted for the first dive :duh. Still wasn't that difficult to wear with water mixed with normal soap I managed to get in the shore.

Water was 20-21 celsius, which is freezing in my dictionary, and I kept warm and coazy for the whole 3~ hours.
That's a keeper alright.

PS: on the swim back, I took my hood off for a while and I couldn't believe I was feeling so good diving in such ice water :D.

Reactions: Donna
:D :D :D ice water!!!!! Your ice water sounds lovely, try our ice water at 11C on the surface and around 7 at depth.... brrrrrr But elios kept me warm and toasty

Glad you had a good warm 3hrs

Donna :)

I send my order to elios on sunday evening. Still no response. I decided to choose the black shadow neopren with black coating cell and superstrech exterior. While I am waiting to finish my order, I have a question to make:

Do you know if I can choose the density for this sort of a neopren. I checked the previous mesages and understood that the black shadow low density neopren is so soft that it gets to wrinkels only in a few days when folded. Is this actually a problem? I want a long lasting and durable suit.
Should I choose something else instead? I can still change my order.

Juhani

My wife have order the same suit and it is great. 5mm Low density heiwa neoprenen. Personla I think this is a great choice.

BTW Why must the suit be folded?
If you are not travel around the suit must be on a hanger and not in a bag.

I don't know what was I thinking... I have been putting so much effort in this wetsuit project that I am just getting too hysterical.
Elios sub just has way too many options to choose from.

Well, the order is now finished and the suit already paid. I went for the black coated / superstrech in 6mm. I just can't wait to get it!

Juhani
Dont worry. You have make a exelent choice and Elios know what is good or not.
I am sure that you will be happy with this suit.

Elios refunded me the pads. Great service !!!

Originally posted by ptrapp
I ordered my suit at Elios, now three weeks later I received it. The quality of the suit is good, and it fitst perfectly. So far so good. Except they forgot to add the knee and chest pads, which I ordered and payed for. I wrote an email yesterday evening and asked them how they could arrange this.

I'm still and curiously awaiting their response.

Anybody had a similar experience with them?

Regards,
Phil

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT