• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Custom wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
to deepthought: how to make eyelets without trashing your suit: I went to the next shoe repair store , where there have these rings for the shoelaces, they work great.

greets dani

Like to see

MAybe you can get some picutre of the new suit, i never seen the female tailormade elios suits

PoseidonSv

Maybe you want to check out the bottom right hand link on the elios link page! LOL I did the other day, it was an eye opener.

Finally got my elios wetsuit. It is just fantastic. I went with the 6mm black coating inside / superstrech outside.

The fit is just excellent. I was able to put the suit on without any lubrication, but I can't say that it was easy. Little bit of conditioner on the wrists and on the ankles helped a lot.
Taking the jacket off is a real problem... I already have to buy some of that neopren glue.

PoseidonSV - I got your email....the fit on the suit is excellent. Under the arms is also a good fit.

Juhani - when you take the jacket off - roll it up slightly from the bottom, pour some soapy water/conditioner into the hollow and spread it around the jacket, including the arms - your suit should then slide off more easily. I have torn my suit also :( but black witch neoprene glue is excellent!!

Donna :)

sandwich neoprene then?

Maybe a sandwich neoprene with nylon stretch in the middle is less likely to break or is it the semams that break when taking to much stress?

Wasn't my seam that broke - it was on the leg when I caught it on a car door. The seams are fine and seem very strong

Donna

It certainly was - a nice big hole in the thigh pf my suit! Very depressing but has repaired resonably well, although not sure for how long....

Sorry to hear that, but I learned to be extra careful when moving around in this kind of suit from hearing from your experience.
Maybe you should get it glued with some really good neoprene blue like they use for making neoprene drysuits and such.

I recently put a hole in my 3mm Elios suit- opencell inside and smoothskin outside. I know that this combination is fragile, but I have other suit with nylon lining and wanted to try something fancier.

I have actually had pretty good luck with the smoothskin so far, but I didn't lube it up enough when putting it on and slid my thumb right through the neck and made a nice sized hole.

A little glue and she was ready to dive the next day. :D

Now I always make sure I put a ton of lube on when I put the suit on. My 6mm suit, which is made the same way, seems much more durable and I haven't even put a nick into it as of yet.

Jon

Hey Donna, sorry to hear about the suit :( still Elios can repair it good as new if need be so all is not lost. Im going to order mine soon too, just saving the last few pennies.

I've repaired my suit with black witch and its not a bad repair, although you can see it. But, at least I don't look like a newbie anymore, it looks like I've had it a while :D

On the plus side, my insurance company are paying for me to have a new one made (I have to pay £50 excess), as I tore it by accident on the car door, so I'll have a training suit and a nice new comp suit! So its not all bad....

Donna

COOOOOOOOOUUUUUUL!!!!
Now thats brought a smile to my miserable face on this wet horrible day :D
Way to go!!!

My dive kit is covered under my household insurance and includes accidental damage. As the suit was torn by accident, my insurance company agreed it was covered.

I wasn't sure if they would pay up or not, but I guess I was lucky. I will have to be extra careful in furture - not sure I'd get away with it again....

Donna

i had a custom made wettie made in Jo'burg by Cressi... even most female cut wetsuits don't really cater for 'curves and bumps'!
i always found that either necks were too tight or wetsuits were too short in the body (or maybe i am just deformed!)

the quality seems to be really good, it's a semi-dry so with a slippery shampoo it slides on really well... most comfortable wetsuit ever!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT