• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

customizing finpockets or other solution to illfitting fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

baijxz

Nov 26, 2004
I've recently invested in a pair of Sporasub h.dessault fins which unfortunately doesn't fit so well.
The pockets are too wide and not long enough so my toes are a little cramped.
Now my question is this: is it at all possible to alter the pockets or should I look for a different make of pocket?
The reason I choose the Sporasub pocket s was that they were described as being less wide than Omers.
Are there any viable alternatives out there I'd really like to hear about them.

I am bookmarking this thread because I have similar problem.....
Narrow feet and O.ME.R foot pockets (was told that sporasubs are just as wide)...

I have to use 5mm socks and fin holders, yet my fit still wobble inside the fin, specially the heel area. Would be nice to find foot pockets that are not that wide, yet compatible with my Specialfins B/W blades.

I understand that Sporasub Garas have narrover footpockets, but you can't switch out the blades on them.

Would be nice to find a solution.

Last edited:
hi,

not really a solution, but maybe something you'd like to investigate further. I once had a fin pocket tear and had it repaired by an industrial conveyor belt type place ... they used a product called "beltweld" or similar ... I was sceptical at first, but the repair lasted for years - in fact, I still have the fins!

regards

There was a post somewhere by Sven I think that decribed how to fit fins to too large feet. It involved cutting the top side and threading them to create a shoe style footpocket. Another person also used a shrink type air-blower, but that might work only for enlarging the fins.
If you don't have a particularly long/narrow foot, then I suggest you'll try a smaller size if you can.

roy_nexus_6 said:
I am bookmarking this thread because I have similar problem.....
Narrow feet and O.ME.R foot pockets (was told that sporasubs are just as wide)...

I have to use 5mm socks and fin holders, yet my fit still wobble inside the fin, specially the heel area. Would be nice to find foot pockets that are not that wide, yet compatible with my Specialfins B/W blades.

I understand that Sporasub Garas have narrover footpockets, but you can't switch out the blades on them.

Would be nice to find a solution.
Sporasub Garas?

Maybe you meant Cressi Gara?
They are brilliant footpockets
But you need finholders, just in case...

Hi baijxz,

Welcome to DB.

Cressi Gara's, my old fins, might do the trick for you. They are narrower than Sporas and come in sizes in between sporas sizing.
The blades are not interchangable and they are not as good as sporas (for some people) on the surface, but they are relatively inexpensive, bullet proof, and very comfortable if you the right shaped foot. If you are strong or push a lot of weight (tank diving) the 2000hfs are the trick. Lots of people swear by the 3000s (softer, but I have not tried them). There are many threads on this subject, try the search function.

Like any fin, the best rule is try before you buy.

Connor

Hi and thanks for the welcome, been lurking for quite some time now.

I might add that the reasoning behind my question was that I needed a finpocket for exchangeable blades as I will, in the not too distant future, upgrade to waterways or similar blades.
Afaik. there's not a lot of different finpockets out there.
Hence my question about modifying the ones I have.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT