• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cuttle fish shape speargun with foam

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pyromallat

May 2, 2016
Hello everyone,
I was wondering can you turn your average aluminium gun to a cuttle fish shape one using polyurethane foam?
Any help will be great specially if its detailed steps around how to do it.
Thank you.

You might want to take a look at the Apnea Amarok speargun (e.g. at SpearfishingStore.co.uk).
967.650.jpg

I now have the roller version but I first encountered it as a non-roller speargun and really liked the PU foam covered barrel. Last time I checked (closing down sale) it was under £100 for the non-roller version. Had it been that price when I first encountered it in the shop (which I think is now close), I would have bought it.

It has a very nice sharkfin spear, dyneema wishbone, metal trigger (at least the roller version and ST models do - but plastic triggers work fine, ask any Rob Allen or Omer user), reverse trigger mech, partial rail, side line release. It's so pretty, I just like to look at it sometimes! :D The non=roller, unsurprisingly, is sleeker looking than the roller.
968.650.jpg

apnea-amarok-kapali-kafa-zipkin-75-85-95-105-75-p-2.jpg

ddc2446ce8f6113773c2daed15ec5841.jpeg

Last edited:
a6db55afabb2432dd911d1f54a9b8ecd.jpeg

Note: the above images are from Google and show various muzzle/rubber options. The one I saw had a single bulk rubber with Dyneema wishbone (my favoured configuration for GB waters), the muzzle had a large gap that could accept a second rubber but I would have fitted a different muzzle if using 2 rubber bands.

Actually I bought a spare Cressi double muzzle, on sale for about £12, similar to that used on the lovely Cressi Comanche Pacific model but with magnets - Cressi Geronimo Pacific? - just in case I don't like the roller muzzle. I could have bought the Apnea Amarok muzzle fitted normally but I liked the look of the Cressi Muzzle better (I think the non-magnetic Comanche Pacific one was £11). Not sure if the Cressi fits the Amarok or fits well of course: Apnea sell 2 versions of their roller muzzle, one just for the Amarok and the other to fit all their other spearguns! It might just be simply designed to better blend in with the oval barrel but it might be because the muzzle diameter is smaller than normal, for example. Hopefully, I will never find out because the roller mechanism is so wonderful (haven't tried it yet! Might be rubbish but I don't think so).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT