• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cyrano 970 SHAFT Disappointment.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Last thing the longer the shaft the longer the shot get yourselfs a 970 or a 1100 and you'll catch whatevere you want...........

long shaft means long shot? this makes ZERO sense. I'll stick a 130cm shaft in my 58cm pnumatic and go after Marling I guess.... rofl

Real smart arent you i refferd to the 970 and the 1100 the gun is bigger therefor the shaft is longer so the shot will have more reach...

shaft length has little to do with reach. now power behind the shaft on the other hand....

a 970 at 28atm will outreach a 1100 @ 10atm.

Reactions: BatRay
Your technique is probably not good. Take out some air in the gun and then add air gradually. Once you get used to it, it loads super easy. I have a plethora of airguns.

workout.gif

i think the same.

Amphibious Listen up. Both guns come ready to shoot you don't need tu put air on the Mares when you buy it. Now take them both right after you got them and shoot with them, then come back to me and let me know the results. What gun do you have by the way ?(Same power = 970 ___________1100___________________) I have both guns so how are you going to tell me that i make ZERO sense.....

see now you\re changing the variables. lets take a 970 & 1100 cyrano. both guns powered to the same pressure, with identical shaft diameters, with stock shaft lengths.... the longer pnumatic will shoot farther. but range is not solely dependant on the lenght of the shaft. stick the 1100's shaft in the 970 and see if it shoots farther then the 1100. shaft length is a small part of the equation. saying a longer shaft means a longer shot still doesn't make any sense. far to many variables to make that statement correct.

who keeps a airgun at a factory fill anyways? I have mine pumped up quite a bit higher.

Look I'm not taking anything from you and your whole "world class spearo" I have nothing to prove to you, so i know what i meant to say and that's about it so go ahead and pick on someone else My guns are at factory fill and they are perfect and if i go deeper than 40 then i use any of my RIFFES so there you have it.

Reactions: Pastor and Jon
Look I'm not taking anything from you and your whole "world class spearo" I have nothing to prove to you, so i know what i meant to say and that's about it so go ahead and pick on someone else My guns are at factory fill and they are perfect and if i go deeper than 40 then i use any of my RIFFES so there you have it.

world class spearo? where did that come from? :confused:

I like pneumatics too :)

sten 150!!!!! how do you load that?? and more importantly, what do you shoot at??

I dont want to get into the middle of this discussion, however the shorter the shaft, means less weight, equals more power, longer shots,,,,I shoot a mares 150cm, asso 135, asso 115, and I have all my shafts specially made by aquaknots in miami, and I have them make them as shorts as possible for every gun I use,and it has worked out for me for many years,,,,that it my 2cts worth.

I have been shooting big air guns for a long time, its a matter of getting used to it, however on the 150cm I use a knee loader, and that helps alot with loading. I use the 150 for deeper waters,,,,,on the reef I use the 135 or the 115, it depends on what area we are hunting in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipin's company, Seac has a 145 due out on the market this year, and a 30. I can't really see the use for either, but I'm sure some one will buy it.....

I have been shooting big air guns for a long time, its a matter of getting used to it, however on the 150cm I use a knee loader, and that helps alot with loading. I use the 150 for deeper waters,,,,,on the reef I use the 135 or the 115, it depends on what area we are hunting in.

Are knee loaders avalaible today commercially?
Where do you find more information on pipin seac guns?

Aside from using springsteel shafts, and loading by putting the handle on the top of your foot, you should "feel/guide" the shaft with your left hand, basically there will be a "bend point" as the shaft goes down you will with practice feel this thats where you want to apply pressure (with the left hand) from there its smooth sailing, also if you require more muscle to load it just insert it a bit let it come up, insert a bit more, let it come up...each time the shaft will go deeper, your'e kinda pumping the shaft in, I personally would not decrease air pressure, after a few times you get the nak of it and it gets to be much easier...btw the cyranos is a great gun you will be very, very happy with it, just be a bit patient...I have had farters all my life and they are great, so much so that I am making a band gun with many of the qualities a farter provides.

The shafts that are sold with any pneumatic (Mares/Spora, Cressi, Asso, Tigullio) are awfully low grade. When I buy a new pneumatic I normally tell the vendor to keep the shaft(s) as a give-away for somebody else and buy Seatec or Devoto shafts compatible with the model in question.

As regards loading with the power reducer on, which I seldomly do, the loading effort is fractioned not reduced due to the no-return valve .

Cheers

Reactions: spaghetti
Hello Friends,
I need an advice & information, my intension are to buy Cressi SL 100 and to change the original shaft(8 mm) with Devoto shaft 7 mm spring steel .
Is this good combination ( gun + shaft )?
What is the range - straight shot of this setup and how can be compared to a 100 banded eurogun - shaft speed , accuracy , tracking?

Best regards,
Martin

Last edited:
I was told by a store owner that services Mares Cyrano guns that a number of guns are pumped up over 30 atms from the factory. This condition would make it hard to load especially for someone new to pneumatic guns. I do agree with the others about releasing some of the air until you become better at loading your gun. Loading a speargun pneumatic or band is more technique than brute strength.

You can try scubasworld.com for 17-4 spring SS shafts for you Cyrano. The 9/32nds shafts will fit the Cyrano guns.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT