• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

D3 Size

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TerjeS

Apr 10, 2004
Hello!
I`m thinking of buying the Suunto D3, but are a bit concerned about the size of this thing, because I would like to have a watch wich i can use as a ordinary watch as well as a diving watcht. So, is this watch so big that it just looks silly wearing it all the time, or is it the size as a "normal" watch (would be nice if you post some pictures where you see how big it is :) )

This can be change according to the personal preferences. I think its ok for everyday use but its not esthetical beauty.

Here is the picture, hope this helps you to make choice. If you don't like the look of it just buy cheapo casio for everyday use
;)

The dimensions of the D3 are approximately:
50mm x 45mm x 16mm thick

If you want a smaller computer you'll have to wait for the Liquivision F1.

hey Eric how much will be the price of Liquivision when you fnished it? Will it have same features as D3? I already don't use most of the features of the d3:hmm May be you like to design few model with different amount of features to be cost effective;)

Hi TerjeS
I don't think the D3 looks very nice for everyday.
If you want a watch for diving and everyday, you should go for a Casio, as long as you don't want too many features. Have a look to the maximum depths of the pressure gage, which is not the max depth of the watch, because the one I have don't work deeper than 30m, while it should resist 100m. But it is quite hold and I think they do some new one with diving time as well now.
However, now I have a D3 which I use only the days when I am going diving.

Here is the breakdown on the liquivision models coming out soon:

Liquivision F1 (0-160m): $395
Liquivision F2 (0-330m): $495
(The F1 includes the PC interface, and wall charger)
F1 Solar Charger: $50

Liquivision S1 (0-100m): $155-$175 (TBA)
(does not include a PC interface)
S1 PC Interface: $50
S1 Solar Charger: $50

The F1 has a 128x64 graphic OLED display (yellow pixels on black background), the S1 has a 8x2 character LCD, yellow characters on black background. The S1 is slightly bulkier.

Both show time/depth & current velocity, ascent/descent splits & peak velocity. The F1 has an extremely accurate temperature sensor (within 0.25C), and also a salinity sensor. So the depth measurement on the F1 is temperature and salinity compensated. The S1 depth measurement is not as accurate. Both watches have alarms of > 98dB, but the S1 alarms cannot be activated unless you have the computer interface.

Neither computer has a stopwatch, and neither computer has any buttons. This way you don't have to struggle to get buttons to work which never seem to work properly anyway.

These will be available on:
http://www.liquivision.ca (site is not up yet!)

The F1 has user reprogrammable software. This means it can be used as a programmable 'dive slate,' to display various messages to you at set points on the dive. The F1 will come in an optional mask/head mount version, since it is so small. That way, it will always be visible. After the turn-around, you could program the watch to show 'Go Fred! Kick hard!' Then, nearing the halfway point of the ascent, you could have programmed it to say 'Fred, nearly halfway there, speed up!' etc...

Alternatively, a salvage scuba diver that has complicated tasks to do, could have the computer cycle through a reminder list of tasks, etc...

Hey Erric can you give more info about S1? sounds great watch especially for that price. How many dive can it hold in memory? Will it have D3 like Log? When you say s1 depth measurment is not accurate what you mean? 1sec, 2 sec? or the just the sensors are not as good as other models?

"soon"... how soon? how soon?! :)

they all sound great! i dread to think how many hours of work it took to develop those!

More details:

F1:
Sampling rate/Display update: 4 samples per second (0.25 seconds)
Data recording rate: 4 samples per second (0.25 seconds)
Memory: 528KB (about 1500 dives each 1 minute long)
Depth accuracy: +/- 0.2% (current estimate)

S1:
Sampling rate/Display update: 4 samples per second (0.25 seconds)
Data recording rate: 1 sample per second (1 second) (default)
(can be set to 0.25 seconds, 0.50 seconds, 1.00 seconds, 2.00 seconds, via computer interface)
Memory: depends on sampling rate & dive duration, 3-25 dives
Depth accuracy: +/- 1-2% (current estimate)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT