• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dacor Bandit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andyt808

Aug 4, 2004
Anyone used this mask before and willing to give me some feedback. I was wondering how the field of vision is? I will be using the mask for some hunting and thought it might be nice because it is very low volume.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi
I think the dacor bandit is like my Omersub if so then the visible field is narrow and not great for hunting i use mine purely for freediving

phreak.

I have one. It was my first proper freediving mask and it served me well, until the Cressi Minima came along. The Bandit has very low visibility and a single edged skirt- tends to leak easily. I would NEVER use it for hunting, but the Minima would be ok if I had to. If you're not hunting deeper than 30 metres then there's no reason you can't use a regular mask. I use a Cressi Big Eyes which has a phenomenal field of vision and is still a reasonable volume.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Andy,

I 2nd Erik's vote for the minima, awesome mask. Except for me, it's my only mask. I use it for hunting no problem. It's so light, comfortable, and low volume I can't imagine wearing anything else. When I first put it on it seemed like an enormous loss of vision compared to what I was using but that day I outshot everybody on the boat and from then on have continued to use it until I feel it's hampering my fish shooting. Which hasn't happened yet. Besides, once I got used to it and only use it, now it just seems normal because I don't ever use any other mask to compare it to.

Scott

Reactions: Erik
Let me repeat myself. This low volume thing is overated. The Beuchat Mundial has good vision and room for an above average nose but it is designed well. When I do things right it will make it to 70. Go for comfort and vision.
Aloha
Bill

Reactions: Erik
im lookin at the Cressi big eyes..anyone know how that'd be for hunting? I just want a mask with the widest field of view...and other less important things like low profile and yada yada.. but the field of view is at the top.

See above dba....you can't beat the field of vision on this mask without getting into 4 and 6 lense masks. I swear by mine for hunting (Big Eyes).
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Ditto!

Since I got my Big Eyes, my Bandit hasn't even been in the water.

Scott

dude i swear that wasnt there when i was reading it...crap..there are no edit times... my mind is melting... :confused: lol...

well sorry about that..but it is good that you use the same mask that i am checkin..gives me confidence in it. Thanks!

Oh yeah...and i got a big shock when i found out that the US's main Cressi shop is in the town i was born in... and its not even near the ocean. way cool!!

P.s. i want to check their bc's too if anyone knows about them could they pm me so i dont sidetrack this thread or point me to a thread taht has Q's about Cressi BC's.

And how do you pronounce Cressi anyway?

You all have enlightened me on that question, many thanks for that.

I am now looking at the cressi masks and I was wondering what the difference was between the Matrix and Big Eyes any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Andy

Bandit and Minima have very small vision. The Sphera has a huge field of view, with a tiny volume. Second is the Cressi Big Eye, but much higher volume than Sphera.

I had both the minima and the sphera. I feel that the sphera is much lighter on volume and with a significantly greater field of view and a better seal.
Only problem is that the plastic lenses are so delicate they seem to get spontaneously scratched. Some people are bothered by the distortion from the curves on the lens but most poeple I know got used to it pretty fast.

the bandit has plastic lenses. if vision is important i wouldn't recommend it. the one i had got scratches so easily and i did look after it! the fit, though, was wicked.

roland

oh erik..or anyone who has an opinion.. im plannin on gettin the big eyes..just gotta decide whether i want the clear skirt or black skirt. ive generally followed the thought that the more light..the more you see. i know with the black skirts you can see into dark places better though. what'd ya think? clear or black skirt?

Go for Black, clear goes yellow after time. and black looks better in my opinion.

Phreak

For the big eye, you must get black. The clear skirt cause annoying reflections in your main field of view which totally sucks!

haha..awesome!! one more question then im done..lol..promise. Ive seen this cressi matrix around the net.. any difference between that and the big eyes? or is it just the newer and there for more expensive cousin of hte big eyes? If there is really no big improvement in the matrix..then i guess i can go ahead and get two big eyes's .. and slap some corrective lenses in one of them..

actually that sounds liek a bang up idea!!!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT