• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
just thought I'd rub it in.... Benny, Mark, me and AM will be in the deep blue sea in a few days time!!!! yeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa : )

Aaaaw, You poor fellas, so You won't make it to the Glühwein Jam to enjoy some of our 6°C water? :t

Have lots of fun, all of You! :)

have fun sanso! I'd actually love to come to the Gluhwein jam... another time

(who's bringing the gluhwein to SaltFree in January???)

Great photos, Sam. Hopefully Laura will have some out soon too.

We had a fantastic time out there, although there were some highs and lows as well. Most of the group had 'Man-Flu' bugs, and for Anne-Marie this meant she couldn't perform on the record setting days. I managed to dehydrate myself and paid for this on the first day of record setting with a consciousness outage. As Linda said to the camera about my Free Immersion dive, "The attempt was unsuccessfull". Whoops.

Ben did great guns, and is now Australia's deepest male ( see news item ).

We all learnt a lot about sled diving too. There's a bit more to it than just getting a free ride. More things to concentrate on, with less ability to do that with narcosis setting in. But Linda and Lotta have very high safety standards, and we were lucky to have Laura Storm and Monkey Matt as Angels backing us up. Also Sam and Sofus doing freedive support for us.

Freediving in Dahab rocks!

Dahab buddies - I hate you all and your horrible viruses....

I've got man flu : (

Reactions: AltSaint
I must be the only one that got them all early lost them mid week.... not admitting that I was the carrier mind you, you all brought your own lurgies with you :D

I blame benny, must have been some weird aussie virus. Us Brits just don't breed stuff like that ; )

shame really, if I'd had it last week I could have used it as an excuse for being rubbish on the sled....(rather than the real reason - pure unadulterated fear!!)

So maybe next year Saltfree should organise our Christmas dive in Dahab.

I'm just down the road in Hurghada and the water is a delicious 24 degrees at 40m, not looking forward to going home tomorrow.

Well done on the record Ben. Shame the lurgy hit the rest of you.

See you all in fancy dress then in January. I think there should be a prize for who can stay in the water the longest without contracting hypathermia.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Dolphindiver (Tessa) Hijacking a friends pc and account cos I can't remember my password!

Anyone who wants to read an eel's eye view of the training and record-setting, then feel free to wander over to my blog.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT