• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dancing with Vulcano... (10 pics from Tenerife)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

seadive

Apr 5, 2005
The volcanic nature of Tenerife has created a beautiful coast with fascinating marine bottoms for the divers’ community, characterized by original basaltic formation, a great animal biodiversity and fantastic natural wealth.

With a fauna formed by more than 500 different species, a comfortable temperature of the almost tropical water (19º-26º) and visibility superior to 40 mts confers an important incentive for the diver.

Great vertical walls and extensive sand deserts provide the perfect frame to assure the sighting groupers, big barracudas, sharks, stingrays, manta rays, tunas and thousands of fish taking shelter in the reef.

The diving in our ocean is adapted to all levels and covers the expectations for even the most demanding. The zones of diving are well differentiated by the morphology of the island, giving us many of dive points:

North, the ocean is in its pure state: deep immersions with great encounters.

East, with its permanent Alisio: dives filled with variety, great pelagics and vertical walls.

The South, protected from prevailing winds: easy dives, but ones that will leave us with fantastic memories.

To see MANTARAYS... we can go to ANAGA. there are a few points where we can see them and see sharks too (hammersharks, angelsharks, raggys, etc).
To see WHALES and Dolphing is very easy... we can go to the south coast, take a boat and sail to see them :D

barracudastenerife8qy.jpg

firewormtenerife8fw.jpg

hammersharkanagatenerife8wm.jpg

jacksfishtenerife8tx.jpg

lobsternightdive9kd.jpg

mantapoint1tenerife2vf.jpg

mantapoint2tenerife4zj.jpg

moray18ys.jpg

moray2tenerife8ex.jpg

You can see more about Tenerife in www.subcanaria.com
REGARDS!!!

Reactions: DeepThought
Sea dive,

I aqm on my way to Gran Canaria in September (I am a High School Teacher). I am also a newly qualified SDI instructor and a very keen freediver (i competed in the worlds in vancouver) can you tell me any more about either freediving or getting occasional work teaching with SDI?
Any help much appreciated.
Great photos!!
Dave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT