• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dave Mullins swims 234 mtrs DYN - new NR

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

f3dive

Dec 7, 2006
Dave Mullins swum an amazing 234 metres today in 3 minutes 46 seconds. A new New Zealand National Record for Men in dynamics - what will this man do next? he is simply the best!

Ant Williams had a hard act to follow after Dave but pulled off a confident swim of 213 metres. What an athlete.

GO KIWIS

Other results are today are:

Stella Wilson 148 metres
Fran Rose 101 mtrs
Chris Marshall 101 mtrs
Dave Mullins 234 mtrs
Gavin Gray 83 metres
Blair Millar 134 mtrs
Kerian Hibbs 189 mtrs
Guy Brew 168 mtrs
Ant Williams 213 mtrs

Reactions: shoutatthesky
234 metres!!!!!!! That is absolutely incredible. Go Dave!:friday

I Soooo wish I could have been there:waterwork :waterwork :waterwork :waterwork

I find not only the performance absolutely impressive, but also the way it was announced - without claiming a world record and without even mentioning it. That's in a strong contrast to Stephane Mifsud who danced with a giant board claiming a world record of 213m DYF, although being aware that it never can be certified as such (and knowing there was already a 215m German national record). My deepest respect goes to the athlete and his colleagues for both the performance and the modesty.

Last edited:
Simply stunned...

I can barely walk that far without getting out of breath :)

Congratulations Dave!

Watts, there is footage. Unfortunately from the surface not underneath (I think the floater in the pool the day before put the videographer off)

Will post the footage in the next day or two.

Trux,

"That's in a strong contrast to Stephane Mifsud who danced with a giant board claiming a world record of 213m DNF,"

You always wrote DNF:rcard , that is not true!!!

Dave!

You are amazing!

Balázs

very very well done dave!

we are so much impressed!
did you say "whatever" after the protocol?

cheers
linda

Hey Dave! I'm torn between feeling this is absolutely amazing, and, having seen you in action, actually it's not that surprising at all! You're an amazing diver - and I know there's more to come. See you soon
x
Sara

F*ck! All I can say is f*ck!

Well done Dave, both in DNY and DNF, superb!

And well done to Ant too for a massive dive too - anything around and beyond the 200m mark is world class and deserves the utmost respect.

Cheers,
Ben

ps Did I not say 4 days ago that this comp would have some big big performances? :D

(Gipsy Rose) Benny, you've obviously dusted off your hoop earrings, glittery shawl and crystal ball - what else do you see?

Hey Benny, it would have been even bigger if some of those fellow countrymen of yours stopped pretending they weren't training and actually came over to compete :t

Reactions: BennyB
(Gipsy Rose) Benny, you've obviously dusted off your hoop earrings, glittery shawl and crystal ball - what else do you see?

I see water.... lots of water.... and people with funny accents taking over the world... :D

Fran - I hear you. That's all i'm gonna say.

Seriously though, if you look at how NZ competitive freediving has come along in the last years it's been amazing. If only Aus and NZ were a bit closer to the rest of the world then maybe we'd see some of those guys competing regularly instead of once a year at best...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT