• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DB's BILL - New Record Holder!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Now how cool is this?

Our own Bill, affectionately known as DB Old Guy just put an ass kicking to everybody needing to breathe on a regular basis by setting the new record in Static Apnea of, now get this...

6 MINUTES AND 56 SECONDS!!! :king

Are you freaking kidding me?:blackeye Bill, you held your breath longer than most guys can lay claim to enjoyng sex, fecryinoutloud!! :waterwork There's a couple of terms for people that go without breathing this long- nuts and clinically dead!!

Once again, der Billiam shows who's THE MAN and who the rest of the posers wish they could be. :cool: Way to go and muy mahalo big guy!.....6 friggin56!! :crutch

Last edited:
Reactions: Cingene
That's my Daddy!

As my mother emailed me: "Not too shabby for an old man, eh?"

Apparently it was quite an exciting scene! My Mom hasn't jumped in a pool with her clothes on since my cousin's wedding (ooops, telling embarassing family secrets here!). Sure wish I could've been there <sigh>

I updated my Dad's web page with the news: http://kv6j.net

Has anyone seen the latest Hemispheres magazine by United Airlines, BTW? Cool pictures from Wayne Levin from the Kona ropes, with pictures of Jessica Wilson, Tom Lightfoot and Guilamme...? (please forgive the spelling).
--Lorraine, the proud daughter:wave

Reactions: icarus pacific
Big congrats to Bill Annabel and Wal - you guys have done your countries proud :D :D :D

Awww....who da man?!!

Congratulations, Bill and Annabelle!
You are an inspiration to all of us...and the envy of many :king

Keep on keepin' on! :inlove

Last edited:
You guys are going to have to stop this!

I tell my friends I'm a lousy freediver because, well, I'm over 45 and bucking for AARP membership ... now they'll see through my transparent excuse ... ;-)

Congratulations! You're both a great inspiration to us all.

Outstanding job there Bill!

I want to be like when when I grow up.;)

Jon

Lorraine,
Thanks for posting your father’s web site and keeping it up to date. I always wanted to know more about this amazing man, ever since I read he can do 7 + statics at 64. The fact that you, his daughter is proud of him, even further reinforces what a wonderful person he is.

Those are some funky old bicycles in that picture. Leather helmet, toe clips, cables that are strung up above the handlebars. Looks like that old bicycle movie, forgot the name, but it was the one with the sons of the quarry stone cutters, they were called cutters, and their rivals, university fraternity.
Drew

Reactions: donmoore
Congratulations

Congratulations to Bill! awesome! :king
6:56 in static is just a tile in the mosaic of who Bill is: a great example, always encouraging, helping others to achieve their goals, willing to share tons of experience, skillful beyond freediving, a great family behind him, ...
awesome! :cool:

Bill,

Always pictured you to look more like Santa Clause than James Bond. Looks like you've been driven gently; only 'highway miles' on ya.

Huge attaboy! Maybe they need to make a 'senior' catagory....so the young bucks can compete :hmm.

Ted

Thank you to everyone for the help, encouragement and all the kind words.
Thank you to Matt and Annabel, two special people that made it possible.
Aloha
Bill

Reactions: Jon
I am right with You

Yes, Matt and Annabel are amazing. Bel would still cheer up someone else on her worst day. Congratulations to her for setting two world records so far. :king

@Bill: I consider the news about Your static US-record as my additional birthday present (Nov 17). Now I know that there are at least (more than) 17 Years of freediving ahead of me. Guess how old I am! :hmm

Keep up the good work

Gerald

Last edited:
Just another inspiring story

There are only a few accounts that I can think of that would be comparable to Annabels and Bills recent accomplishments. Read the story of a lady that swam accross the 21 mile wide Catalina channel at age 55 and across the English channel at age 57, the oldest woman ever that succeeded. Again, cheers and congratulations from Austria.

Last edited:
Well done!

Fantastic performance and perseverence by a true waterman. Congratulations Bill and thanks for continuing to lead by example.

Perry

Reactions: icarus pacific
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT