• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

dEaTh To sticky threads..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who want to see sticky threads die...

• Instant Death!!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Limited life span 2 days

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Limited life span 7 days

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Unlimited life span

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Skindiver

100 % H2O
Feb 5, 2002
Let the freshest posts be first on the list and if old posts are replied to they too can come up into first place for their moment of glory... even, "Important"... 'Personal information".

Who reads this stuff anymore ?

skin.

Or perhaps i just visit this forum too often...

skin

you are visiting this forum too often :D

so am i :D

I think threads like "Personal information" should "die" after 7 days, exept closed threads like one about Audrey and editors notes they should last.

Zipy

New category

Perhaps there should be a new category for Editors notes and longstanding issues like those you have mentioned zipy.
Glad someone agrees with me.

At this rate eventually we will have to go to page 2 to start seeing fresh threads but then ... its not my forum... and i'm prolly just a sh#t stirrer... having a bad week

Skin. ( hoping to feel less combatitive by tomorrow )

I think the sticky threads like personal information are there so people who are new to the forum can add their details - that way when you want to find out if someone lives near you or whatever, you just check that thread. If it wasn't sticky, it wouldn't be obvious to the new guys, and wouldn't get filled out

Yeah I agree with Loopy on that one.

Some threads need to be sticky, other which have outlived their usefullness (Audrey Mestre thread) might as well go.

Threads like personal info, gear info etc should stay. Thats why I made them sticky at the Adrenaline forum!;)

Gear etc..

I would design a nice advert and advertise my gear from there. I wouldn't use a sticky thread.

If someone new adds his details to the 'Important'..'personal Information' thread it will
1) come up to the top
2) and for those of you with a desire to find out who stays close to you and dont want to advertise in the appropriate category 'find a buddy ..places to dive.. have obviously subscribed to the thread and will never miss out on this juicy information.

As for newbies being able to find it ...

... It is my suspicion that this thread should be moved to 'Find a buddy .. places to dive' which is a lot slower moving category and it will probably enjoy constant pride of place being the popular thread ( 80 something responses in a year ) it is.

Skin. :t

Sticky situation ....

I agree, sticky threads should die off after some time - but as Loopy sed it's there to inform people about 'important' things. The 'Personal Information' thread that bugs quite a lot of people was supposed to be the start of a new profile section - the profile that DB's got on hteir people are way to incomplete to be of any use.

BTW, it wasn't me that stuck it ....

We walk amongst giants ...

Every now and then a man is born, that changes history...
He strides without walking
He teaches with out speaking
He influences without manipulating
He touches our lives and makes the world a better place for all without realising it..
There are giants amongst us..

SASpearo rise to your calling..
Unstick that thread..
The people raise their hands out to you....
Look in their eyes and dont deny them.
You are A Giant.
You too walk the path less trodden
You will change history in the face of adversity...
And the meek shall flee in the face of deceit
Your name will be set in stone for your descendants to marvel over..

lead us...
Do it.

Guys - thanks for your comments.

Sticky threads are there to ensure that certain things are brought to the attention of all users, new or old. At present Personal Information, DeeperBlue.net Tee's, Sweats, Mugs and more! and Audrey Mestre Tragedy Discussions are currently sticky in this forum. The only one that isn't really necessary is the Tee's, Sweats, etc... thread.

The Personal Information thread is there to introduce you to people and as SASpearo said we were going to initially introduce them into your profiles. However a new version of the forum software is on the way and we will expand Profiles when we upgrade.

The Audrey Thread is still extremely important as the LawSuit is still pending and our policy still stands on no open discussions. Mentors are under rules to remove all posts and threads around it.

We are constantly reviewing the various parts of the site for improvements and hear what you are saying but they do fufil an important function for the time being.

On the positive side, at least you are coming here often enough for it to be an issue :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT