Guest viewing is limited
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.net Chat now in BETA!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I set the security to the default and downloaded the java software. Now its works...

Thanks Loopy and Stephan..:cool:

Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
Eric,

That's a limitation of the current implementation of the chat. We are currently using a trial version of the chat software to test without incuring charges. If the services proves popular over a period of time we'll move to an upgraded service.

In the meantime you'll need to post your messages in several chunks :D

Why don't you use CGIIRC?

It is free, it does not need java, and it is based on the powerfull irc network.

for more info have a look at
http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/

Originally posted by st3fan
Why don't you use CGIIRC?

It is free, it does not need java, and it is based on the powerfull irc network.

for more info have a look at
http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/

Stefan,

We looked at several solutions and this one was the one we thought best suited to what we required.

Cheers!

Stephan

Is there any way for you guys to post a list of the people currently in the chat somewhere on the forum page? Like maybe where you click to go into it - that way you know if there's anyone around?

hi

That's a good idea- I hope more people joint the chat -if you have nothing to say just say hello to some...

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but it is starting to drive me off the wall...

Whenever I want to check out the chatroom, I have to clear all my cookies and then proceed with the login screen. Every time. That is not too bad however, as long as it works I can live with that. What is more strange is that as soon as the login is complete and I am taken to the chatroom, the browser loads for about a second and then displays nothing. I am staring at a blank screen of nothing. The browser (Internet Explorer) is working fine, but nothing is displayed in the browser window. I try click "reload" and the screen reloads with the same result.

Sometimes I click and it works. I can read at the bottom of IE "opening...bla... height400widht600..bla bla..." and a couple of seconds later I am in the chatroom with everything working as normal. But this only happens sometimes (after logging out and in, in and out...). Usually I am looking at a blank screen.

Anyone else suffering from the same problem?

I am using IE 6.0 with no updates and latest java installed. OS is Win98SE. Not other problems at all, the forums works fine. It's just the chat.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Hi

Im just waiting for more people enter the chat..I don't know what is happenig. with the other freediver maybe "Estan en competencia ??

saludos

Daniel.

Tommy,

Regarding the cookies - Do you log out of the chat room or do you just browse back to the forums? We encountered a similar thing initially but very few users have reported it (only 3 so far, including myself), and closing down the browser, clearing all cookies and starting a new browser session has solved the issue.

As far as the blank screeen. Remember that the chat application is Java, and Java needs to download the small applet every time it runs the chat application, so there will be a small delay in loading the page...

Neshamah,

Give it time, I normally log on several times a day and always find at least 2 or 3 other people in the chat. Sometimes waiting for 10 minutes or so helps.

Thanks!

Originally posted by loopy
Stephan

Is there any way for you guys to post a list of the people currently in the chat somewhere on the forum page? Like maybe where you click to go into it - that way you know if there's anyone around?

We're working on it, however the chat and forums work on two very different systems so it's difficult to integrate.

Cheers!

On the chat... log into the chat, no one is there, click the "float" and size to fit across top of the screen... fit your main window/program/browser under that... eventually someone will show up in the chat window. I've had some fun conversations there... would like to see more make use of it too. Be careful.. chat can be addicting and time flies when you're talking something that is of interest to all parties (those canadians and their guns :) ).
Fred

Last edited:
hi

That's truth Fjohson -It can be addicted-- but we are bond together with something and is ( freediving) I will call this ( blue-adictos)

saludos los aprecio mucho ( Merry Christmas)

Daniel

Last edited:
Stephan,

I have finally figured it out. Like you said, in e-mail as well as here (thanks), the cookies can cause trouble, and I do make sure (nowdays) to properly log out every time. I still seem to need to clear my cookies manualy every now and then, but at least it now works. The chat itself used to just open a new, blank, browser window regardless though. Then I found, if just wait a minute or so, and then do 'reload/update' in the browser, it loads like normal.

I have no idea why, but that is the way it works. Computers eh...

And Daniel (Neshamah) is right btw, chatting can be addictive... but where is everyone?? Nobody around for hours...

While I am at it... I would like to second Fred's idea about putting the chatwindow into float-mode and have it sit at the top of the screen with the browser below. Works super.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT