• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.net Forums back ONLINE and UPGRADED!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've just noticed that I have 400 and something private messages out of 150.
Is there anyway to download those messages so it won't take up place on DB?
I wouldn't wanna delete all of them...

The new format looks great, Stephan! Hopefully you have time to do other things in life in addition to this site.....don't know how you do it :)
Keep up the good work.
OceanSwimmer

:duh ...and where are the Karma points and triggers?

Last edited:
DeepThought said:
I've just noticed that I have 400 and something private messages out of 150.
Is there anyway to download those messages so it won't take up place on DB?
I wouldn't wanna delete all of them...
DeepThought,

There are options at the bottom of the Private Messaging page - http://forums.deeperblue.net/private.php - that allow you to download your Private Messages in Text, CSV or XML format.

10x!
I'll d/l them in all 3 formats since I'm not sure what that means. :)
(CSV-comma seperated values?)

By the way, kudos on the great job, I'm surprised I don't miss the old interface at all.

Thank you. :)

G'Day all,

I seem to be the only one experiencing this problem, but after your server went offline then came back up, every time I try to access it I get a DNS error, like the site doesn't exist? This happens for all the pages I have bookmarked, including the home page, forum main page and a few different posts. At the moment I'm looking at it on a public computer, but for now, slacking off at work and looking at it there doesn't seem to be an option... :(

Cheers,

Brad

well, if it's a DNS problem maybe accessing the site's IP directly (72.3.131.143) would help...

loopy said:
G'Day all,

I seem to be the only one experiencing this problem, but after your server went offline then came back up, every time I try to access it I get a DNS error, like the site doesn't exist? This happens for all the pages I have bookmarked, including the home page, forum main page and a few different posts. At the moment I'm looking at it on a public computer, but for now, slacking off at work and looking at it there doesn't seem to be an option... :(
There shouldn't be any reason why you can't access the sites. We switched over a few weeks ago so all DNS changes will have propogated.

Can you do me a favour - can you email or PM me the results from a "ping" on any computer that can't access DB. You can ping by going to a command prompt and running the command "ping www.deeperblue.net".

I tried the IP this morning and got no response - this time though its a "500" error, something about a bad server? I'm thinking (actually I'm pretty sure) it may have something to do with the server - they usually don't like people accessing non-work related sites, but it worked fine before the site went offline, and if you do access a "bad" site, it comes up with a different warning...
I can't ping the address either, the machines we use don't have a hard drive, but are booted straight off the network... so no access to a command prompt or a C drive

Hmmm... it seems today I can access the site again?

Cool :)

Question: according to your FAQ at the top, Stephen, there is a functionality to upload a new user pic (besides an avatar I mean) Yet when I click on your included link it gets me to a "you can't go there" message. What's up?

FreeFloat,

You should be able to go to your UserCP and then click on Profile Picture to add a 100x100 Photo of yourself. See my profile for an example

Thanks.............. now I have to see if I actually have any sort of picture that won't become hopelessly garbled when shrunk to 100x100. What are our chances of getting "Profile" pics larger than avatars?

Ah - well you just have to ask nicely :D

Limit is now 250x250 pixels for all registered users.

Since the forums were upgraded, my user profile has become 'Registered User' and I can't find any option to change it on my Control Panel. I don't know whether I'm still allowed to change it. :confused:

I hope someone can help.

Lucia

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT