• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Deepest Bear's future competitors?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
For quite some time now, everybody here at Deeperblue have watched in awe and inspiration as Deepest Bear still continues to leap new boundaries in the realm of stuffed animal apnea sport.

I've heard little bits of worldwide news that others are getting involved in freediving. I did a quick search on the web and found two possible new areas of competition that Deeperblue might want to get some early training for.

In Peru, high in the Andes, there is supposedly a newcomer to Static, and apparently he could be then next big thing. Static Chinchilla, who's still looking for sponsorship, might be a formidable competitor in the next static competitions next year.

Secondly, from Australia...There's the Furthest Wombat. A relatively novice no-fins swimmer who knows how to manage oxygen like no other.

I just thought Deepest Bear, Sam, and all of their supporters, fans and friends might want to be aware of possible entrants to some of next year's world-wide competitions.

I'm putting my money on Deepest Bear, as well.

Attachments

• Chinchilla.jpg
    Chinchilla.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 127
  • wombat.jpg
    wombat.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: cebaztian
haha.. you must be bored as hell at work rofl rofl
id give ya some rep for representing our furry friends...but it wont let me...hehe

Reactions: sinkweight
Deepest Bear has no fear! he loves a bit of competition. Now he has discovered honey from the Island of Kalymnos, home of the sponge divers, he is ready for some serious records - we are having it shipped in daily as he is convinced it will make him a better diver....

sam

Well, don't forget to mention to DB that Texas has it's share of rare honeys and royal jelly.

I've already heard news that Static Chinchilla has tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. I'll try and find out if it's true.

I'm rootin' for Deepest Bear all the way. I know he travels all around the globe. But perhaps I can get an address to send him some wild clove honey from Texas.

I don't know if our wombat will do too well given his diet. He eats roots and leaves rofl

At the world championships in Vancouver, the Deepest Bear tested positive for incredibly high amounts of Stuffanimalonium, a substance known to put its user into a permanent cataleptic state. As such, AIDA international declared the bear's past and future records null and void. Further, the other freedivers at the competition were so enraged at this blatant example of cheating that they tried to take revenge on the bear, and incinerated him. However he survived, and still lives, but he has lost all respect after the positive test for Stuffanimalonium.

Because AIDA placed a lifetime ban on the deepest bear for AIDA events, the latest rumour is that the bear has teamed up with Christian Redl of Austria, and as before, a new category will be 'invented' such that they can set a record in it (I think it was dynamic apnea with scooter under ice, last time). This time I heard it was upside down motorcycle apnea under ice (who can drive a motor cycle upside down, driving on the underside of the ice, the farthest, on one breath. Of course, it won't be recognized by AIDA.

Reactions: sinkweight
....I always thought he might be "on the juice", he never seemed to close his eyes and that isn't normal.

Deepest Bear steers clear of Texas these days - someone who lives there tried to kill him a while back.... and he would be very suspicious of any foodstuffs posted from the district (and probably make his PA test them for poison first!)

at the moment he is in Cayman with M and M but undercover..... these days DB just can't live the all out public lifestyle he is used to... but still waters run deep... and so does the bear...

yes, the next record will be apnea marathon under water with lead boots on.... he's thinking of doing it under the Thames

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT