• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

depth alarm

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

immerlustig

BlueSkunk
Aug 17, 2002
i have a mosquito for freediving and i m quite fond of the depth alarm. i can relax and kick until it beeps and i know where i am.
recently i dive with a full suit, including hood, and i found out that i dont hear the alarm any more.
i do count kicks when going deeper but that doesnt work on cruise dives.

does anyone have any idea on how to solve that or do i just simply dive without that function ??

thanx

roland
:cool:

Reactions: Erik
Hey Rolando, good to hear you're back in lovely Dahab!
I used to have a Mares Apneist which had a very loud alarm that could be heard through 12mm of hood (yes, 2 hoods), but sadly I have the same problem with the Mosquito...it's just not loud enough. The backlight does come on though, so if you happen to be looking at it, you will notice that on a night dive (or deep day dive in cold water).
Maybe the next model will come with a louder alarm.
Cheers you dodgey bloke ;)
Erik Y.

Try wearing your mosquito on the inside of your wrist and on the same arm that you use to equalize, that way it will be next to your ear and facing you when you pinch your nose to clear, I used this with a 5mm suit and it has worked fine.

Reactions: Pekka
crazyfrenchmen

i was actually thinking about it...but only very briefly...;)

pilot

thats what i m doing right now. it makes reading the display easier, but the alarm i still wont hear.

anyhow, as long as i dont wait for a depth alarm that i wont hear i should be fine.
was a bit of a surprise though when i ended up 5 meters deeper then expected.

erik

how s jakarta?? any travelplans in the near future?? send me a private message.

thanx guys

roland

:cool:

Reactions: Pekka
The D3 has the same problem but I wear it over my suit and it helps a lot... maybe Suunto must be careful about this because is a very important feature. Anyone is direct-line with Suunto? haha

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT