• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Depth competitions 2011

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Daić

Nov 28, 2006
[FONT=&quot]I am making plans for depth competition season 2011. Does anyone know if there is any depth competition in Greece, Egypt, France,… between end of April and beginning of June. On AIDA competition calendar there is nothing yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jure[/FONT]

Yes, there are some announced, but not so many yet. This is the list of all currently known competitions for 2011. More details in the competition calendar at APNEA.cz - Freediving and Apnea Resources:

FDI going deep, Dahab, 01/21/2011
Andaman AIDA Freediving Challenge 2011, Koh Lanta, 02/10/2011
The Sea Bees Depth Competition, Phuket, 02/17/2011 - 02/20/2011
Vertical Blue 2011, Dean's Blue hole, 04/08/2011 - 04/18/2011
Freedive Dahab Mini Comp 2011, Dahab, 04/28/2011 - 05/03/2011
PFI Cayman 2011, Grand Cayman, 05/07/2011 - 05/13/2011
Coupe des Calanques 2011 (CWT/CNF/FIM), Marseille,06/04/2011 - 06/05/2011
Triple Depth 2011, Dahab, 06/19/2011 - 06/25/2011
4th Mediterranean Freediving Meeting, Kalamata, 09/01/2011 - 09/15/2011
6th AIDA Individual World Championship 2011, Kalamata, 09/15/2011 - 09/25/2011

Hi Jure,

In Greece maybe we will have one more 3-day depth competition between June and July, by AIDA Hellas. Each day per depth discipline. Probably we will have, if it is possible, about 4-5 official training days before the three competition days.

Nothing is formalized yet, but we will have much more infos next few months, so stay tuned!

Last edited:
You can come to New Zealand and dive in our lovely lake at the end of March ;)

Announcement soon.

Hi Jure,

In Greece maybe we will have one more 3-day depth competition between June and July, by AIDA Hellas. Each day per depth discipline. Probably we will have, if it is possible, about 4-5 official training days before the three competition days.

Nothing is formalized yet, but we will have much more infos next few months, so stay tuned!

Loutraki??

That would be great !!!

Vedra

The UK nationals is the 10th-12th June CNF/FI/CW contact Sam Kirby from Salt free, she's on the britishfreediving.org website.

Enjoy wherever you end up :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Loutraki??

That would be great !!!

Vedra

It is not formalized yet as I said before, but I think it will take place in Loutraki as usual.

Also I think that in July we will have better conditions than our other competitions which were in the last days of September, such as better visibility underwater, higher water temperature, etc.

We will announce more infos after our Pool Competition, which will be on April.

Greetings,
George

We will announce more infos after our Pool Competition, which will be on April.
George, can you send the information about the pool competition? It was not announced to the calendar address yet.

Also, if you have the results of the missing Greek competitions from 2010, and can send them to me, I will add them to the ranking too:

These ones are still missing, but it is possible there were more of them which were not announced:
APNEA.cz ranking - missing competitions - Greece

These are Greek competitions that are listed with results:
APNEA.cz ranking - Greece

Also plenty of Cyprian competitions missing, so if you have a contact to the Cyprian freedivers, please let them know - I did not manage to get in contact with them:
APNEA.cz ranking - missing competitions - Cyprus

We haven't announced anything about the pool competition yet, because we are making a research to find out the best option about the pool. We will post the announcement in the competition section of the forum, when we are ready(I think very soon).

About the results I can help you only about the competitions which are organized by AIDA Hellas. Sorry, but I don't have any contact to the other organizers. I see that the missing results are not from the competitions that AIDA Hellas had organized.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT