• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

depth range and neutral buoyancy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

redfisher

Oct 2, 2018
there are some posts which already described how to pick the wieghts for buoyancy, such as this article and this one.

but my questions are:
  1. is it valid to set neutral buoyancy at deeper level (such as 15m, 20m or even 30m and even deeper) if a freediver wants to pass the exam in the AIDA courses?
  2. as mentioned above, what about the official AIDA competition of CWT, can a diver use only a few weights to set the neutrl buoyancy at a very deep level? is such situation match the definition of "constant weight"?

1: For the purpose of the exam(s), you should set the weight according to the information in the course. I.e: Minimum neutral @ 10m, or 1/3 of your max depth. So for 60m you set neutral at 20m.
2: In CWT/FIM/CNF, there are no rules about where you need to have your neutral buoyancy. It is completely up to you, within reason.. (Dont set neutral at 2m kinda thing.) Theres a great article on the effect of buoyancy on how much energy you spend on a dive. https://www.freedivewire.com/freediving-buoyancy/

My experience is that for recreational diving I like to use the maximum amount of weight 'allowed' (neutral 10m or 1/3 max depth), and for deep CWT diving I like to set my neutral at around 1/2 max depth..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT