• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Devil's Shrimps

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Freediver81

The Arabian Stallion
Feb 5, 2004
Title: Devil's Shrimp

4 Servings

Ingredients

1/4 c unsalted butter
1/4 c olive oil
12 cloves (small) garlic;
-finely minced
2 lb medium shrimp; shelled,

2 tb caribe (crushed n. new
-mexico hot red chili)
1 ts salt (or to taste)
1/2 c freshly grated parmesan
-cheese

Instructions

For a super-quick, palate-pleasing, devilishly hot dish--serve this! Melt
butter in oil in a large, heavy skillet. When butter is melted and hot, add
garlic and let sizzle, reducing heat before garlic starts to brown. Add
shrimp and sprinkle with half each of the caribe and salt; cook about 3
minutes or until shrimp barely begins to turn pink on bottom. Then turn
shrimp over, sprinkle with remaining caribe and salt and cook 2-3 minutes
longer or until shrimp are pink but still juicy. Taste and adjust
seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until cheese starts to melt,
then serve at once on warmed plates. Makes 4 servings.

My next recipe will be Mushrooms stuffed with seafood! Waiting to take a few photo's so you can understand better!

Please! How can you do this to me? I have just finished a meal of dry deep fried chicken and fries. ohhh for civilization.

What a wonderful recipe... roll on the recipe with stuffed mushrooms plus photo!

Sands, you are on an Island right?
are there no other fish apart from Mako to eat?
surely you must be able to get some nice fish in the Caymans no?

Served with cold beer and hot bread, right? Man, if we weren't going out tonight . . . (drooling all over the keyboard)

Huan said:
Sands, you are on an Island right?
are there no other fish apart from Mako to eat?
surely you must be able to get some nice fish in the Caymans no?
Hi Huan

i do live on an island (see attached). however, it is still a construction site, with not much time to go fishing...just work work work... when i get time off i choose to go diving.

We can get wahoo, YFtuna, dogtooth tuna, giant trevally, dolphinfish, sailfish etc... but no time to go fishing! They serve tuna every day on the buffet but kill it with curry sauces or chilli.... and they don't bleed the fish when they catch it so there are always areas of that dark bitter meat. :yack

I only tried Mako... I won't eat shark again unless i am dying of starvation of course!

Attachments

• IMG_2693.JPG
    IMG_2693.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 175
Hi Sarah!

stop crying! you know that nearly everyone here would be glad to change places with you!! :waterwork

nooooooooooo....

this is not your average paradisical island...looks nice from far... but it's far from nice.

Re: Devil's Shrimp

Actually made this < Devil's Shrimp> tonight sans parmesian. Really brought the prawns to life. Great, lasting flavor. Served it with a variety of steamed veggies and it was topped off by a fruity Firelands < Lake Erie> wine.

Thank you for a truly great receipe,

Tina

your welcome Tina!

glad you liked it! Try my othere recipe's and tell me how it goes!

:king

Had it for dinner yesterday! Amazing!!! :p
Thought I'd bring the thread back for the newcomers!

Said

Devil's shrimp?

isn't that what you get when you have a jellyfish caught in your trunks?

The recipe looks tasty. I'm tryin' that on Thursday.

Reactions: DeepThought
Are there any good recipes that are native to the state of Texas? A good diver friend of mine lives in Grapevine and has an unusual recipe called Emu-B-Q.

Poida said:
Hi Freediver

Tried devil's prawns twice, (called it by its Aussie name). Great dish, thanks.

Glad to hear! Try my other recipe's! you shall enjoy them as well!

Said :king

Due to the popularity of this dish, I'm pushing it to the first page!

enjoy!

Said

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT